Dimensions for C172 instrument panel?

TheLight75

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
TheLight75
Hello,

New member here. I am looking to find out the dimensions of the C172 instrument panel: from the far left to far right for width and from the top (where the panel touches the vinyl padding) to the bottom (where the panel touches the elevator trim console). I couldn't find these measurements online so I am asking here.

Thank you!

Hello,

New member here. I am looking to find out the dimensions of the C172 instrument panel: from the far left to far right for width and from the top (where the panel touches the vinyl padding) to the bottom (where the panel touches the elevator trim console). I couldn't find these measurements online so I am asking here.

Thank you!

What model 172? There are a lot of differences over the years...

Good point. I'm looking for the most recent pre-G1000. But in a pinch, G1000 measurements would work as well.
The Cessna parts manuals have accurate drawings without dimensions. With one dimension, e.g. the width, you could scale the other dimensions from the parts manual drawing.

Probably the easiest way is to find somebody with a 1998 or 1999 Skyhawk who is willing to measure the dimensions for you.

What model 172? There are a lot of differences over the years...
Thanks 'js'. Any of the latest models with an all glass cockpit. I am building a C172 Sim for my two grandsons, 11 & 12 and would
like to make my own instrument panel based on any 'late model', (non steam) version and need the exact dimensions.
If the above is way off base, any suggestions appreciated.

I’ll bet there’s an .stl file on one of the sim groups with the details you want. Or, call Cessna/Textron, explain what you’re doing and see if they’ll send you the details. Amazing what you can accomplish with a phone call.

Back