Digital SLR's

This bird was a good bit above me and the camera was on auto-everything. I'm learning more about it (D40).

2933395110_4a433e9bc9_o.jpg

I recently got a Canon XSi. So far, I really like it. I used it to take some photos at my nephew's soccer game last weekend and I was overall pretty impressed with the depth of field it provides, not to mention the immediate - "Oh crap, I should adjust..." capabilities for each pic.

The ONLY downside I have found so far is that it tends to overexpose a bit. When we were in Colorado a few weeks ago, I was trying to take a shot of a waterfall which was in the shadows of a cliff. The camera kept letting the white rocks wash everything out, so I had to drop the ?exposure compensation? (I'm still learning terminology) down about 1 step to get it to expose correctly.

It is definitely more camera than I need, but hopefully I can grow into it. I've already found the lens I want for it... for a mere $2500. ;)

+1 for the XSi- I got it a couple of months back...still learning how to use it...The higher "ASA" settings seem a bit noisy, but seem to be comparable to film.

Back