Digital clock and timer

tmyers

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Tim Myers
I will be making some changer to my panel soon and while it is opened up I would love to change out the analogy clock of a digital unit with timer. This would be a great chance to get rid of the one velcroed to the panel.

Anyone have one laying around that they would like to sell?

This is how minor upgrades get expensive.... While I have it open, I might as well... ;)

eBay is where I got mine. Astrotech in my last plane, davtron in my current one. I like them.

Side note, they're probably not STCed or PMAed for your plane, Davtron got the FAA to write a letter stating its OK for installation in certified aircraft, you used to be able to find a PDF of the letter on their site. If not I have a copy I can send you.

Well Tim, if I might add while you are in there might as well add a Garmin530/430 combo. Just sayin Then you got a clock:D

Sounds great, if you want to buy that house I have in Middletown I could afford a 430. ;)

I think the Davtron has an STC but the Astrotech does not.

I have a Davtron. Works great and I put a Sonalert on it. Did the install under IA supervision, easy to do.

Been watching some on eBay buttbthey are going for about 75% of new

Well Tim, if I might add while you are in there might as well add a Garmin530/430 combo. Just sayin Then you got a clock:D

I wouldn't buy either anymore and I'll ditch the 430W for a 750 as soon as I can.

What do you think about the new Avidyne touch screen unit?

I will look at it as well when the time comes, I'm not a Garmin fan, I own a lot of their gear and always have because they make the best product when I'm shopping. The other plus for Garmin is they are less likely to go out of business during the service life of the equipment; Avidyne has stuck it out till now though so I'm not as concerned with that aspect as I was when Garmin G1000 panels started showing up. It would be nice to see it in some OEM applications.

Avidyne will have to show me some pretty impressive architecture though to compete with the 750. The 750 solves all the technical complaints I have with the 430/530.

From the introductory prices I have seen on the Avidyne unit they come close to competing with the used 430's.

From the introductory prices I have seen on the Avidyne unit they come close to competing with the used 430's.

I don't buy by cheapest price, if they give me a product I want I find a way to get it rather than something cheaper that's gonna **** me off every time I use it.

I haven't checked but has Avidyne put a simulator on their website so you can give it a test drive so to speek?

I will spend some time on the PC looking, it is not very convenient to search it on the iPad.

Back