Digital Camera Found at VLL

anumerick

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Allen
Hello Everyone.
Would the Cirrus owner who left his new digital camera at Oakland Troy (KVLL) last night please send me a PM.
To ensure this camera belongs to the proper owner, please send me your XM Serial number and the description of the first two pictures taken. If this XM serial number and description matches the pictures taken during your flight, I'd be happy to return the camera to you.

-Allen

Re: Ipo

Mike Schneider said:
Allen, I don't know how you could have gotten a higher stock rating on your first post. This planet needs more folks like you! -- Mike

I'll second that!

And for those of you wondering about why you would want to participate in the ConUS challenge, it was my claim picture of 21N that lead him here.

Pilots are good people.

Joe

Wait a second.. It was actually your camera...and he found this forum because of you holding a GoFlyAmerica sign?

Impressive.

Areeda said:
I'll second that!

And for those of you wondering about why you would want to participate in the ConUS challenge, it was my claim picture of 21N that lead him here.

Pilots are good people.

Joe

I'm also wondering how you ended up at VLL. It's a long way from your home airport and not excatlly a major destination area.

Missa

jangell said:
Wait a second.. It was actually your camera...and he found this forum because of you holding a GoFlyAmerica sign?

Impressive.

It was because of this pic, I logged into POA.

If Joe didn't take this picture, I would have gain a new digital camera to my collection. ;) And a good reason to leave a calling card on your camera.

Attachments

• CIMG1328.JPG
    CIMG1328.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 96
awesome Allen, and welcome to PoA! great friendly community here.

Areeda said:
I'll second that!

Pilots are good people.

Joe

Indeed they are! And Allen has proven that to be so. Welcome to PoA Allen!

Ah... Wait a minute. Since Allen posted the pix, shouldn't HE get the credit?

Welcome Allen and thanks for being such a nice, honest fellow. There's so few of us left.

Sniff, Sniff..... It sort of brings a tear to your eyes to know that there are people who are not only honest but would go through the trouble to even track down the owner of a nice digital camera to return it to them. I really love the GA community :yes:

Hey, the people at VLL are really a great bunch. Trust me I use to be one of them!

Missa
(Should I point out that where the picture says a lot, it's missing the 'Go Fly America' Password?)

Missa said:
I'm also wondering how you ended up at VLL. It's a long way from your home airport and not excatlly a major destination area.

Missa
Not Joe, but he said (before he left today) that I could answer that one. :D He has family that lives near that airport.

Diana said:
Not Joe, but he said (before he left today) that I could answer that one. :D He has family that lives near that airport.

Well, then I want to know why I've not met him before! Up until April I was based there. I guess he didn't like me enough to say hi :(

<jk> :)

Missa

I propose that we give Allen a free lifetime membership in the POA webboard for is efforts!:D Actually, maybe we should send him his choice of a POA hat or shirt. He certainly deserves some recognition.

lancefisher said:
I propose that we give Allen a free lifetime membership in the POA webboard for is efforts!:D Actually, maybe we should send him his choice of a POA hat or shirt. He certainly deserves some recognition.

Actually we can't. Remember POA management doesnt want to be a store front.

Brent Bradford said:
Actually we can't. Remember POA management doesnt want to be a store front.

And.. No one is allowed to make a shirt or hat either..

Guys, give it a rest.

I've already stated that yes we do want to persue a partnership with a vendor, but that has been indefinitely delayed simply because of time constraints on my end.

Greebo said:
Guys, give it a rest.

I've already stated that yes we do want to persue a partnership with a vendor, but that has been indefinitely delayed simply because of time constraints on my end.
Delegate, Chuck! Delegate!!! Sounds like you have volunteers - use them!

But *I* have the master image files buried somewhere

gkainz said:
Delegate, Chuck! Delegate!!! Sounds like you have volunteers - use them!

Sounds like a job for the newest member of the management council :D

lancefisher said:

Not necessary. All I ask is that someone would do the same for me, or someone else in return.

-Allen

btw. Joe, have a safe flight home! Your camera should be there within a few days.

On an overnight in Winslow AZ. Without my camera so I can't claim this one, can't claim Mattituck because while I tried, I forgot the password. So I'll have gone from Long Island to Los Angeles with only 1 airport to claim, Lamar near Diana as she had her camera and I had a printout of the claim form.

Thanks Allen, since there are no PoA hats I have some T28 ones (see avitar) I'll send you one of those.

Missa, I didn't know you were at VLL when I made any of the previous trips. I certainly would have tried to get together if I had.

Joe

I propose to the GFA management council that Joe Areeda be given special dispensation in the matter of claiming Mattituck airport in response to the ConUS Challenge. Extenuating circumstances as described in this thread are evident to validate that an attempt to claim the airport was made in the true spirit of the challenge and should therefore be allowed as a valid "claim".

All in favor....

Steve said:
I propose to the GFA management council that Joe Areeda be given special dispensation in the matter of claiming Mattituck airport in response to the ConUS Challenge. Extenuating circumstances as described in this thread are evident to validate that an attempt to claim the airport was made in the true spirit of the challenge and should therefore be allowed as a valid "claim".

All in favor....

Aye, Sorry I pointed it out...

Missa
-Plus it'll have the best story to go with it!

Holy crap, how did I miss this thread!?!?

The chances of this happening are astronomical. You, Allan, are a hero, and if you are ever in Albuquerque, the beverage of your choice is on me.

SkyHog said:
Holy crap, how did I miss this thread!?!?

The chances of this happening are astronomical. You, Allan, are a hero, and if you are ever in Albuquerque, the beverage of your choice is on me.
Allan, you've made my day. Too bad you weren't skiing at Crested Butte a few years ago when I left my digital camera at the bus stop :redface:

If you do happen to have a beer with Nick please be sure not to drink after him.

Chip

Areeda said:
Lamar near Diana as she had her camera and I had a printout of the claim form.
Just ignore the date and time on the photo...I haven't figured out my new camera yet. :D

Attachments

• Joe at LLU.JPG
    Joe at LLU.JPG
    237.8 KB · Views: 33
silver-eagle said:
Ah... Wait a minute. Since Allen posted the pix, shouldn't HE get the credit?

I submitted it this morning. If Allen wants to join the challenge he's welcome to the claim to 21N assuming the organizers let my lame attempt at remembering the password slide this time.

Joe

Areeda said:
I submitted it this morning. If Allen wants to join the challenge he's welcome to the claim to 21N assuming the organizers let my lame attempt at remembering the password slide this time.

Joe

It's up on the ConUS board so it must have been accepted. But you didn't tell the whole story of the picture! I'm so dissapointed. It needs to be recorded how this picture lead to the return of your camera!

Missa

Missa said:
It's up on the ConUS board so it must have been accepted. But you didn't tell the whole story of the picture! I'm so dissapointed. It needs to be recorded how this picture lead to the return of your camera!

Missa
Good point. I didn't see any way to edit the text. Nick or Chip would you please edit the text for the 21N claim to add

On my next stop, my camera came off my belt in the men's room. Thanks to my participation in the Conus Challenge a kind fellow pilot posted that he found it on the PoA Forums and returned it to me. For the full story see http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9821

Like I always say...

...good folks around here, at my aviation front porch.

Areeda said:
Good point. I didn't see any way to edit the text. Nick or Chip would you please edit the text for the 21N claim to add
Gee Joe, all this special treatment. First you forget the password (I mean, really.... GO FLY AMERICA), then you want me to edit your claim? :hairraise:

Well, Diana says you're a really nice guy so I guess I can do that for you. :yes: :yes:

It's a great story.

Chip

JRitt said:
Sniff, Sniff..... It sort of brings a tear to your eyes to know that there are people who are not only honest but would go through the trouble to even track down the owner of a nice digital camera to return it to them. I really love the GA community :yes:

The GA community is a rare group. I flew into JEF the other day and wanted to go get a bite to eat. The line car was gone on a 50 mile trip, so the FBO manager gave me the keys to HIS van and ask that I try and be back in 30-40 minutes. If you worked at a car dealership or something like that would you give your keys to a total stranger to go to McDonalds? Hell NO! We have had a few pilots get stuck here over night due to weather and ended up staying at a local pilots home, how often do you take a total stranger into your home?
You got to love a group like US.:yes:

gibbons said:
Gee Joe, all this special treatment. First you forget the password (I mean, really.... GO FLY AMERICA), then you want me to edit your claim? :hairraise:
What can I say? It's not what we can do but we can get done.

gibbons said:
Well, Diana says you're a really nice guy so I guess I can do that for you. :yes: :yes:
Just because she's cute doesn't mean you can believe everything she says.

gibbons said:
It's a great story.
Random acts of senseless kindness are always a good story.

I sure lucked out on this one :yes:

Joe

Back