Digging Syncing in to Plaxo

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
Folks,

It took me a while but I got Plaxo working to deliver on my dream, syncing all of the my contacts and adreess books info between the (i)phone, Thunderbird, and the Mac address book. For whatever reason they hide the links to the sync tools, but they're there. They also have one for Windows Mobile, which is what I stated with, and Outlook/Outlook Express, gMail, and Yahoo Mail.

Oh. IT'S FREE!

I made the mistake of forking over the $50/year for premium at first last year, but it looks like you don't need the premium features to do the good stuff. The one neat premium feature is a duplicate manager which works pretty well.

I wasn't too happy at first. I even told them when I canceled my premium service that I wanted the syncs they already had. I had to look at the FAQ to see that they had them!

I went from 650 contacts, de-duped and deleted to get to 331, added in my Thunderbird address book which got it right back to 600 something, another de-dupe and delete session and I'm down to 400, but now I'll have every one on the phone. Woot!

Click on help for the links to the sync tool downloads, but you can get there by clicking on the on the bottom of the screen.

Oh. Plaxo is trying to be a social networking deal with Plaxo Pulse, so it checks you contacts to see if they're on Plaxo and asks if you want trade links, and there's a directory... You can skip all that, or not. Funny. It just told me Phil Boyer is on. :rolleyes:

Recommended! :yesnod:

Oh. For some reason Comcast bought the company. :dunno:

Back