Different ground school question

Nub_Pilot

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Jeremy's new interest
I start by stating that I tried conducting a search to find the answer, but nothing resulted.

I want to start some form of flight training as I work through my medical process and trying to debate which ultimate path I want or must go through (private or sport pilot) which are the 2 options below:

OPTION 1
I am considering taking an online ground school from King's but the question is that if I take the private pilot ground school, pass the written exam, and then determine that during a consultation I am too at risk at obtaining the 3rd class medical. I determine my only option is to get my sport pilot license.

-Can I apply the private pilot ground school knowledge exam certificate toward the sport pilot license?

OPTION 2
If the 3rd class medical is possible with challenges and could take a signifiant amount of time to obtain the required documentation, could I work toward the sport pilot license (dual and solo time) and then apply the time towards a private pilot license once I complete and receive the 3rd class medical?

I will be visiting an AME for a consultation to determine if there is a possibility of clearing my 3rd class. My goal is to accomplish the most training I can within the minimal risk of being denied my medical.

Thanks for any information and assistance.
Jeremy

1. No, but the knowledge does overlap. You'll have to study for any differences which shouldn't take long, and take the correct test.
2. Yes.

Cant hurt to go the sport pilot route. if your desire is to fly ,go sport pilot,but don't get a deferral on your medical.

Why not get the ground school and go through it, but put the test off for a while until you know which direction you're going to head? That way you're not out the money for taking the wrong knowledge test.

Thank you for the replies and I am going to talk with the flight school I was planning to go through to see if they have any CFI\CFIS that could give lessons that could be counted towards both depending on the final option I end up taking.

Back