Dietary Supplements

U

Unregistered

I am an occasional participant on this list and I am curious about dietary supplements . I saw on the FAA website ( Although I could not find it again ) somewhere that certain dietary supplements such as Valerian Root were not allowed . I spoke with my AME and was told that Valerian Root and others ( Such as Tryptophan and Meletonin ) actually are allowed , just not within 12 hours of flying . During the course of the conversation the AME also said that the FAA has not actually set any guidelines . So what gives ? My question , and this is for the Docs and AMEs is are there any guidelines ?
Here is what brought this up , I like to drink Herb Tea occasionally to wind down before bedtime . Some tea's contain the wording " Proprietary Blend " under the ingredients tab . Further reading has suggested that these teas contain the above mentioned supplements . Is it time to switch to Chamomile ?
Thanks

The problem with dietary supplements is the FAA will be asking, "what does this person actually have?" "What deficiency is he trying to fix?"

Be careful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back