Did you tie down the EZ-UP?

EppyGA

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Let's Fly
My wife and I stopped by the Cracker Fly-in today at GVL. We wer walking down the line of planes when we heard a little commotion and turned in time to see an EZ-UP sail over the top of a brand spanking new 182. When I went over to ask if the plane was now at a reduced price they didn't think that was funny.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• P7100038.JPG
    P7100038.JPG
    95.2 KB · Views: 1,052
  • P7100039.JPG
    P7100039.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 983
My wife and I stopped by the Cracker Fly-in today at GVL. We wer walking down the line of planes when we heard a little commotion and turned in time to see an EZ-UP sail over the top of a brand spanking new 182. When I went over to ask if the plane was now at a reduced price they didn't think that was funny.

I wonder if the EZ-UP had liability insurance?

On the art festival circuit those are known as easy ups easy downs. They don't take well to winds. Trimlines on the other hand will take a serious beating and still not move.

We always stake ours to the ground, unless there is a handy cinder block to toss on the corner.

The other trick, if you have access to water, is to fill 5-gal buckets and use them on the corners for tie-downs. Saves having to haul cinder-blocks when you can't drive stakes.

'course, if you want a REAL canopy, this is the one I have (never have used the sidewalls, though):
http://www.kingcanopy.com/product/hc1020pcw15

An Eze-up tent caused THAT dent??

What are they making these new Cessnas from these days???

That was the only damage I could see just walking around. The canopy did a pirouette over the top of the wing so there may have been more damage that wasn't visible from my vantage point.

I would be pretty steamed. Pretty very steamed.

Plane is for sale. NDH. Oh, whoops, no, there is that entry in the logbooks (there is an entry, right????) mentioning, at the very least, leading edge skin replaced because some jackarse with a tent didn't stake it in correctly.

There are, last I checked, approximately 987,646 Cessna 182s for sale without damage history. Why take a flyer (pardon the pun) on this one???? Man, I would be absolutely furious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I echo the thoughts on this one. I don't know if I would have made a joke about a "discount price" to the owner. Too many .44's out there.

I know of a certain interaction in a group hanger between an innocent new ***** and a ##### being backed-in by his owner with a tug. The story did not end well.

If I ding the plane myself I will be really ****ed. If some Bozo or some EZ Up owned by a Bozo clangs against it I will be "double-secret probation " ****ed!

I echo the thoughts on this one. I don't know if I would have made a joke about a "discount price" to the owner. Too many .44's out there.

I know of a certain interaction in a group hanger between an innocent new ***** and a ##### being backed-in by his owner with a tug. The story did not end well.

If I ding the plane myself I will be really ****ed. If some Bozo or some EZ Up owned by a Bozo clangs against it I will be "double-secret probation " ****ed!

Except the EZ-Up belonged to the same bozo's the plane belonged to. :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back