Did you accomplish what you came for?

Salty

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Salty
Tower controller at a relatively sleepy D asks me this as I was leaving. I told him touch and go on first contact and then said I’d be doing power off 180 practice if the pattern stayed quiet. He went quiet then said “approved as requested” and cleared me for the first tng. Later he asks what exactly I want. A couple different times. I said “engine out practice”, “tight patterns”, I tried everything to explain and he still had no clue. I only said something so he wouldn’t be surprised by me diving to the threshold.

It was kind of a funny send off as I left.

Tower controller at a relatively sleepy D asks me this as I was leaving. I told him touch and go on first contact and then said I’d be doing power off 180 practice if the pattern stayed quiet. He went quiet then said “approved as requested” and cleared me for the first tng. Later he asks what exactly I want. A couple different times. I said “engine out practice”, “tight patterns”, I tried everything to explain and he still had no clue. I only said something so he wouldn’t be surprised by me diving to the threshold.

Sound like a good controller. I just say short approach for the power off 180, he may not have known what you meant.

Sound like a good controller. I just say short approach for the power off 180, he may not have known what you meant.
I said that too. Lol

If there ain’t another plane between you and the runway, ain’t no thang to him. If there was he’d a said sumpin’ like number two, follow that guy, then it’s a thang to you. If there are departures ready to go then yeah, it’s a nice touch on your part to let him know you are planning on doing crowbar one arrivals. Like said above, short approach is good way to say it. Unless he’s a pilot, all that 180 engine out practice power off stuff may not click with him. Worst case scenario is all he hears is ‘engine out’ and is a kinda wrapped up tight kinda guy and pulls the crash phone

Last edited:
I really think the majority of ACT have never flown GA.

Back