Did anybody attend Festival of Flight 2015?

FloridaPilot

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
FloridaStudentPilot
I tried to make a weekend out of Festival of Flight in the Lutz FL area. I tried to drive there yesterday and it took me 3 1/2 hours to get there from Saint Petersburg FL because of traffic, (This was around rush hour). It was PACKED and I ended up not getting in because the event was over 9:00pm. The people that did attend told me the Balloons were awesome this year.

GA is dead!?! I beg to differ! Today, I left at 6:30 am and just got in at 7:30 am because I stayed a Mile from the Hotel. When I got into the event, (Finally). There were a lot of kids there enjoying airplanes and were excited about getting in them even though it started to rain on and off. Not that many planes there but the ones that were there people took a lot of photos even though the rain was bad at times!

Pretty good day all around, not because of the weather but because of the people that volunteered to make it a good event.

I tried to make a weekend out of Festival of Flight in the Lutz FL area. I tried to drive there yesterday and it took me 3 1/2 hours to get there from Saint Petersburg FL because of traffic, (This was around rush hour). It was PACKED and I ended up not getting in because the event was over 9:00pm. The people that did attend told me the Balloons were awesome this year.

GA is dead!?! I beg to differ! Today, I left at 6:30 am and just got in at 7:30 am because I stayed a Mile from the Hotel. When I got into the event, (Finally). There were a lot of kids there enjoying airplanes and were excited about getting in them even though it started to rain on and off. Not that many planes there but the ones that were there people took a lot of photos even though the rain was bad at times!

Pretty good day all around, not because of the weather but because of the people that volunteered to make it a good event.

:needpics::needpics:

"Nearly 54,000 people on the Festival of Flight's Facebook page said they were attending the event. In one post on the page, hundreds of people commented saying they turned around after driving for hours to get to the festival, and sitting in traffic for long periods of time."

If the people putting on the show knew in advance of possibly 54 thousand might show up.. They needed to contact the SO and get traffic flows figured out ahead of time.....:mad2:

Back