Dick Winters passes

I have his book. Great reading.. It corrects several errors in the TV movie. He is a hero. Dave

May he rest in peace. May we all never forget him and the people like him for what they did 66 years ago to protect this planet from tyranny, injustice and evil.

Last edited:
I met MAJ Winters in 1995 when he came to speak to an OCS class I was leading, and we were all humbled and challenged by his example.

Godspeed, Major -- well done thou good and faithful servant.

May he rest in peace. May we all never forget him and the people like him for what they did 66 years ago to protect this planet from tyranny, injustice and evil.

It has been said by a few historians that the attack on Pear Harbor was the single most effective act to solidify the nation for one purpose. 6 months prior the nation was in favor of the isolationist attitude, 6 months later the people realized that we could no longer ignore what was happening in the world around us.

I own the HBO miniseries "Band of Brothers" on DVD. It is extremely well done and there are several interviews with Maj. Winters, and the others from Easy company. A true hero, and gret leader.

Back