Diana - Nice Article!

Thanks Tony! :)

Chip is mentioned in the article several times. :) Some of his comments (and other parts of my article) were edited out after I sent it in. Chip was a big help before and during the contest, and I appreciate what he did. :yes:

Ken Ibold also helped me with suggestions about ways to improve the article. Thanks again Ken!

The editor is eventually going to send me a better PDF version of the article that is more clear and less bulky.

I appreciate the support of ALL of you here...it meant a lot to me. :yes:

The editor just sent me a smaller PDF file for posting. Do any of you smart computer people know how to make it so that it's on 6 pages instead of 3? :dunno:

Thanks!

Oh, by the way, I also want to thank Stephen Gray for his comments that I quoted in the article. :yes:

Attachments

• 06-11_first.pdf
    462.7 KB · Views: 35
Thanks everybody! You know, just like my grass strip tour, this was a trip where you all went along with me and helped me out in different ways, and I am very appreciative. :yes:

Great writeup, AND ALL THE PICTURES ARE FLATTERING! :yes:
:D Oh, Grant, you are too kind. :D Since I'm the one who decided what pictures to send to the editor, he can't be blamed if I looked funny. :rofl: BTW, I checked with Kim first to see if it was OK to make her picture public. :yes:

It took me a while to read the article between everything else I was doing this morning but it was well worth it! What a great artical and it really hit home and was inspiring. There are many times I feel just the way you were durring the compitition. It's nice to know I'm not alone. : ) Thanks for taking the time to write the article and share, and congrats on overcomming your desire to make the 180.

Missa

That's very cool... the look of it, the photos, and you have a nice writing "voice"; a nice read.
Do you get paid anything for this?

What a great article and it really hit home and was inspiring. There are many times I feel just the way you were during the competition. It's nice to know I'm not alone. : )
Thanks Missa! :) One of my goals in writing about this was to make it realistic and show how hard it can be at a contest to put things into perspective, especially if you screw up or come in last.

Thanks for taking the time to write the article and share, and congrats on overcoming your desire to make the 180.
One consideration was how much harder it would have been to come back here and tell all of you that I turned and ran when the going got tough. That plus how I would see myself if I didn't stick it out. But, dang, it sure was tempting!!!!

The article is wonderful. It looks pretty cool with the SA layout and your photos. Keep up the great work.

The editor just sent me a smaller PDF file for posting. Do any of you smart computer people know how to make it so that it's on 6 pages instead of 3? :dunno: :yes:

The part I read was excellent Diana, but I bailed out of the small print because it is rather tedious to read.

Diana,

Very nicely done! Sometimes when things get tough I think of my father also, it's amazing the strength we get with that special type of secure feeling. Again, great article and kudo's for competing, well done!

The part I read was excellent Diana, but I bailed out of the small print because it is rather tedious to read.
Click the + button ... at 200% zoom it's really easy to read - even for me, old four-eyed trifocal guy!

I sure enjoyed reading the article, Diana. Way cool!

I sure enjoyed reading the article, Diana. Way cool!
Thank you Kaye, and everyone else! You guys are great!

Maybe next year when I go up there I can make the experience more positive for someone else, and even have more fun while I'm at it.

I'm a little late to the game, but GREAT article Diana, it was a very nice read!:yes:

Purdue

Really, really nice article Diana.
Maybe one day (if the Moon, Stars and Planets align) I'll see you at an IAC event...

Chris in Shreveport

Not unless I find the time to practice more so I suck less...:eek:!

Right now I could come in 20th of 17 in the "are you sure you really have a PPL?" catagory...:goofy:

ChrisB)

Back