Diamond Star

Danos

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
i And I Survive
I got to take a ride in the DA40 yesterday and I was noticing that the stall horn was going off at 60 kts or so. For those of you who fly it, whats the stall speed? I was too tried to remember to ask. And no..I was not at the helm. Just wondering.

Thanks. I went to the site when my pop up blocker went
Hal :rolleyes: . Couldn't pull up the page.

Last edited:
Thanks. I went to the site when my pop up blocker went
Hal :rolleyes: . Couldn't pull up the page.
I use the pop-up blocker from Google. I like it much better than the one built into XPITA. You can select what sites you want to accept pop ups from.

I got to take a ride in the DA40 yesterday and I was noticing that the stall horn was going off at 60 kts or so.

That's probably the thing I find most annoying about the DA40 - The stall horn goes off WAY before the stall, so the darn thing is constantly bugging you in turbulence, steep turns, etc. and you'll easily have it go off on every landing. It's bad enough that I think they should fix it so that it doesn't get ignored...

That's probably the thing I find most annoying about the DA40 - The stall horn goes off WAY before the stall, so the darn thing is constantly bugging you in turbulence, steep turns, etc. and you'll easily have it go off on every landing. It's bad enough that I think they should fix it so that it doesn't get ignored...

Yeah, annoyed the heck out of me as well with the stall horn going off all the way down final. With a bit of experimentation and some tape though, you can calibrate it. Start by covering about the top 1/4 of the hole. I used white medical tape and when I had it tuned just right, I made small notches at the edges of the hole so I could put it in the right spot quickly every time. Since it was a rental, I taped and removed for every flight. If it was mine, I'd do it with epoxy and gel coat.

Back