Diamond Eclipse

woodstock

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
iTravel
guess what I am flying Saturday morning... my trusty little Cessna is out all wkd so I have to make do with other planes.

Not clue could you give us a hint???

Seriously that sounds neat. I have not flown one of those yet but I have sat in them. They are very comfortable and from what I have heard a great plane.

When you are lfying Saturday if you here "8116B" somewhere down by Richmond that will be on my way home. Probably 9 or 10ish

will I want to go back??

Scott, is that AM? I am flying 8 - 1030 AM.

not sure if we are going south though!

woodstock said:
will I want to go back??

Scott, is that AM? I am flying 8 - 1030 AM.

not sure if we are going south though!
Yep, am.

My flight plan right now is an 8:30am departure from KMQI. Direct FAK, Direct MOL and then to my fuel stop KPKB. From there direct FWA, JOT, then 10C. A little over 6 hours of lfight time if all goes well. I will also get to land in a new state, West Virginia. That would make a total of 4 new states this trip!!

What direction to you head on Saturday? I can monitor 122.75

smigaldi said:
Yep, am.

My flight plan right now is an 8:30am departure from KMQI. Direct FAK, Direct MOL and then to my fuel stop KPKB. From there direct FWA, JOT, then 10C. A little over 6 hours of lfight time if all goes well. I will also get to land in a new state, West Virginia. That would make a total of 4 new states this trip!!

What direction to you head on Saturday? I can monitor 122.75

I hate to say it but we haven't decided yet. the last time I hadn't flown in 5 months he took me to a grass and short strip, first time back. it's not 5 months but I bet it's 5 weeks... likely Class B somewhere then. ar ar ar

woodstock said:
will I want to go back??
The DA20 is quite nimble, and you will see that she'll want to fly even with a CFI loading up the right seat. The only thing you'll need to watch for is the landing flare. The tail of the aircraft sits low, so your flare isn't going to be as big as the Cessna's. If you take a look during the preflight, there's a plastic scrape plate under the tail, see how bad it's been scuffed ;)

Other than that, you'll enjoy the excellent view and hopefully the stick configuration will be second nature to you :D

Personally, I don't want to go back to a 152 after flying in a DA-20. Would like to try a DA-40 to see if I could say goodbye to the 172 :D

I liked the DA20C1, but the DA20A1 is a flat out dog. If I had a complaint it was that the seating draws about 30" Hg. It is a molded, non-moveable seat with a pad. The pedals move. Afer a couple of hours.....it gets old.

Otherwise, quick, nimble, efficient. Good on grass and slick enough that you have to pay attention to speed in the pattern. Oh, and DO NOT forget to use the check list. I had been flying 150/152's for a while when I transitioned. On downwind, I went thru the list, but on the fold - and missed - was "Fuel Pump ON". As I touched down, the prop stopped.....

Never happened again! Have fun E. Fly safe. You might never go back to a Cessna.;)

now it's changed to Friday night - no Saturday. And I'll be with a different CFI Sunday - my CFI is on call and just got called up. darn it.

Back