Diamond DA 62

Ditto. My first time flying commercial in over 10 years was to drop my dad's Cherokee Six off for Jesse Saint to do an upgrade a few weeks ago. I was reminded how much I hate people. All I had was my very small flight bag(maybe 5"x10"x14"). The 2 mouth breathers that boarded before me already had the carry on PACKED, and where we sat was unable to stow anything underseat. I moved things to get it to fit. Getting off I learn one of the items taking up the whole damn overhead was a large hat and was getting berated by the husband for ALMOST smushing the hat.

I'm rethinking the plan of flying commercial down there to pick it up and just fly my 180 down and drop him off. But I REALLY want to take that first flight with all the new gizmo's
lol, exactly. Even if you have all the pre-check / first class / get to the airport 5 minutes before departure / etc., it won't liberate you from that whole gen-pop experience.. and then you're trapped. I rent (like a loser) for any trip I have west of the rockies.

Our PA32 does good for some XC flights... but at some point it's definitely not faster than commercial. More convenient in many ways still, but not faster. I'd say at about the 1000 nm mark

Is your Dad doing a full Dynon panel with Jesse or just some various upgrades? Earlier this year I had Jesse install an Aerocruz 100 AP and fuel totalizer in our Six. He did great work and I've been loving the new AP too.
Full panel. 2 hdx displays with engine monitoring, aerocruz ap, ifd440, and ps audio panel

Full panel. 2 hdx displays with engine monitoring, aerocruz ap, ifd440, and ps audio panel
I'd want to fly back with him too - very nice upgrade!! Sure would be nice if Dynon got their AP approved for the Six. The Aercruz has been great though. I had to make some adjustments in the settings to get it to not "search" as much for the altitude. Jesse has done a lot of Cherokees but every one seems slightly different. It took me a few flights and making adjustments, but it's great now.

Back