Briar Rabbit

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rob
Thinking about vacuum system failure during IFR and a King AV80R that has been gathering dust in my closet - might be a good idea to start putting it on the yoke again just for instrument back up. And noticed that the King unit has the capability to Bluetooth to a Zaon XRX Traffic receiver. I had considered getting a mini I-Pad to hook to the yoke just for an uncluttered display of traffic using Avidyne IFD100 Bluetooth display option. The thread about the 150 that hit the Citation at the airport intersection in Marion got me interested again. Does anyone know if the Bluetooth Traffic signals from ADSB & Avidyne, Garmin and Zaon are all compatible and possibly the old King AV80R could also function as a traffic display with their Bluetooth output? The traffic display on the 540 has so much other stuff on it and a display right in front of the pilot on the yoke that has only traffic on an otherwise clear screen will be easier to notice quickly. Plus if the DG goes TU then it is available for back up.

Back