DFW Pilots!! We're having Dinner on Wednesday, March 19

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Ron Levy will be in town on March 19 and the several of the PoA gang are having dinner to celebrate. And a bon voyage for me to get my IFR rating.

We will be gathering at 6:00pm at "Love and War in Texas" near Grapevine Mills Mall.

All in the area are welcome to attend. For more information

http://www.dfwpilots.com/board/index.php?showtopic=8513

Too bad, I won't be in Dallas until April 2-6.

Too bad, I won't be in Dallas until April 2-6.

That can be a good reason for another pilot's gathering! Set it up and we all will try to attend.

...bump... To remind others of the event Wednesday.

I'd sure like to attend, but I'm not confident I can get the day off. :(

A reminder we're going to the Grapevine Mills location of "Love and War in Texas" http://loveandwarintexas.com/Locations.htm

Reservation made for 10-14 folks. Name it's under is "DFW Pilots" and I told the guy my handle here is "Aggie Mike".

Arrival time is 6:00pm-6:15pm.

Reminder this is tonight.

We might be there a bit earlier than 6:00pm and I have expanded the reservation to accomodate more folks.

Might be a bit later, too. I'm changing planes in CLT, and the Dallas flight is running 15 minutes late.

I just heard from Ron. The delay from Charlotte worsens. The baggage door on his aircraft won't secure.

Arrival at DFW now showing about 6:00.

So go ahead and gather around 6:00-6:15, order a beverage or appetizer, and we will be along as soon as we can.

So we boarded, and then they said "Plane's broke, gonna be another half hour."

:sigh:

Finally landed at DVW about an hour late, and didn't make it to the restaurant until almost 7, finding the rest of the group already swilling their beers. Great meeting the folks who have only been screen names all this time. Great food, too -- only problem is you'd have to eat there about six times just to try the various regional menu areas, and we have other plans.

Thanks, Mike, for doing this.

Now, let's get to work...

So we boarded, and then they said "Plane's broke, gonna be another half hour."

:sigh:

Finally landed at DVW about an hour late, and didn't make it to the restaurant until almost 7, finding the rest of the group already swilling their beers. Great meeting the folks who have only been screen names all this time. Great food, too -- only problem is you'd have to eat there about six times just to try the various regional menu areas, and we have other plans.

Thanks, Mike, for doing this.

Now, let's get to work...

Ron, so sorry I could not make it; I had a speaking engagement and Board meeting.

Mike, you are in for it, now!

Say hi to Jay and Mary for me.

We are returning to DFW Saturday the 29th. This was originally the day we had the ride scheduled, but unfortunately weather on the island on Friday prohibited us from flying and we would be short the required training hours.

So we are planning on returning to Denton and then work on what's needed so I can do the checkride "at home". The flight home will get the needed hours into the logbook, then we will do some air work around Denton, familiarizing with the approaches in the area.

Ron is a good instructor and I have learned a lot.

Spike (and other's) text me if you think you could come up to Denton for dinner. Perhaps we can do a meetup.

Back