DFW L-17 changes

Discussion in 'Change to my Frequency...' started by TangoWhiskey, Jul 25, 2016.

1. TangoWhiskey

TangoWhiskey Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    3Green
    Here's an album with comments on the pictures illustrating a question a DFW aviator named Jeff posed on a Facebook group for North Texas Aviators:

The first three pictures progressively zoom in on the old view; the next 4 progressively zoom in on the new view.

https://flic.kr/s/aHskDRRbtd

For those that don't want to look through the album, here's the two main shots that matter:

OLD:
    [​IMG]

NEW:
    [​IMG]

One guy suggested this possibility:

I can't find any official communication about the change. Any ideas? ForeFlight will auto-zoom into the area chart, but if you're still using paper, you definitely need the Area Chart now, too... the L-17 doesn't have the data.

2. AggieMike88

AggieMike88 Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Now offering reverse discounts.
    Interesting.... no idea as to the why, except Brian's idea sorta has some logic to it.

In the Texas area, it looks like DFW is the only airport that has this. IAH hasn't changed...

Still poking around the charts to see if this is in other spaces.

3. luvflyin

luvflyin Pattern Altitude

Display Name:

Display name:
    Luvflyin
    I was looking around a little and couldn't find anything. It'll be interesting to see if the charts actually changed, or is Foreflight "editing" what they display.

4. AggieMike88

AggieMike88 Touchdown! Greaser!

Display Name:

Display name:
    Now offering reverse discounts.
    We got an answer from @RussR who works in one of the FAA departments that deals with chart creation/maintenance...

5. BigBadLou

BigBadLou En-Route

Display Name:

Display name:
    Lou
    Thanks for posting the answer, Mike, that is great, it confirms my suspicion I had.