DFW in July

Laurie

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Penguin
I will be attending 'charm school' (much needed for me as some of you know) next week - July 16-20. Any of y'all Dallas folk that might be free for dinner give me a shout! :goofy:

Laurie:

Wish I would be around, I'd sure offer to link up, but I'm headed out to the Bahamas next week. Hope you have a good trip. Maybe some of the other locals will pick up the slack here <g>

Best,

Dave

i'm game. send me a pm with your plan. ;)

Sign me up, and I bet Troy'll be there, too. Details, please.

A night out with the ADS boys is always a good time. Wish I could be there, but this time I'm headed in the other direction...Boston.

I'll show up! If you guys work out a plan, Spike will tell me where to go... uh,won't you Spike!? ;-) (I think I set myself up on that one)

Sign me up, and I bet Troy'll be there, too. Details, please.

I'd love to see all of y'all. I'm in class from 8-5 July 16 - 20. I'm free for dinner any night that week that I can think of. Since my flight doesn't leave until Saturday afternoon to come back home to Flori-duh, I was thinking a Friday night outing would be fun.

Anybody game for Medievel Times? I've always wanted to go there. Otherwise I'm open to suggestions for places, times, etc.

Not sure where I'm staying yet, but it'll be somewheres near DFW - I think FlightSafety is right on the airport there.

I'd love to see all of y'all. I'm in class from 8-5 July 16 - 20. I'm free for dinner any night that week that I can think of. Since my flight doesn't leave until Saturday afternoon to come back home to Flori-duh, I was thinking a Friday night outing would be fun.

Anybody game for Medievel Times? I've always wanted to go there. Otherwise I'm open to suggestions for places, times, etc.

Not sure where I'm staying yet, but it'll be somewheres near DFW - I think FlightSafety is right on the airport there.

FlightSafety is on the east side of the airport, but on airport property. I work just a couple miles from there!

I've never been to Medieval Times, I know where it is, though. I know others that have gone... some have liked it, some haven't. It's not really conducive to talking and getting to know one another though, as you're at a show. :)

Good point on the dinner conversation....hadn't thought about that.

Well, here's a few more details. I'm at the Radisson on or near the DFW airport. I'll be getting in tonight and don't fly back home until Saturday afternoon. From what little info I've been able to pilfer about this training course, they keep us pretty busy during the week - so I'm thinking Friday night might be the best as far as getting out for a relaxing dinner and an adult beverage or three. I'm wide open for suggestions as you guys know the area and the 'in' places and 'not so in' places.

Hey Cheesy - need another XC? Come join us!

:goofy:

In a PM we had going, the discussion was leaning towards dinner Friday night, with spouses/family invited. The more the merrier.

What say you to Pappadeaux's at 6:00pm? I'd need a headcount to get reservations. I'm thinking the location at the intersection of 35E and Loop 12 (Lombardy Lane) would be central to most of us.

Mmmm... Pappadeaux's... yummy. Sadly, the better half doesn't enjoy Cajun food (or Cajun spices), so I don't typically get to go there. We have been to Pappa's Seafood a couple of times though.

Mmmm... Pappadeaux's... yummy. Sadly, the better half doesn't enjoy Cajun food (or Cajun spices), so I don't typically get to go there. We have been to Pappa's Seafood a couple of times though.

There's plenty of non-Cajun choices! Grilled fish, chicken breast, steak...

There's plenty of non-Cajun choices! Grilled fish, chicken breast, steak...

I've tried telling her that... but I'm not disappointed, there are a plethora of other great restaurants here in Houston that we can go to.

i'm game. send me a pm with your plan. ;)

Doc, Spike, anybody else:

How does Saturday morning breakfast sound instead of Friday night dinner? Friday night isn't looking good for some.

Is anybody else planning to meet Laurie while she's here?

Troof to tell, T-Roy, breakfast saturday would work just fine for me.

Any suggestion of where? Mimi's Cafe in Grapevine? That would be close for Laurie and midway between you and I.

OK, all, I just talked with Laurie. Teresa and the I (and our girls) will pick up Laurie at her hotel Saturday morning; we'll be at Mimi's in Grapevine (1449 Hwy 114 W), in the Target parking lot, at 9:00 AM for breakfast. She has to be at the airport 11:30ish for her flight out.

Hope lots of DFW folks and their families can join us.

http://www.mimiscafe.com

What a great time! We had 10 of us, total, for breakfast: Laurie, Spike, my family (5), and two of Laurie's classmates: Adrian from London, who is a flight instructor in Hawkers, and Chris from Tuscon, who teaches in Lear 31's.

2 hours of great stories, laughs, and fun were had by all. I think some pictures might get posted later. Spike brought some neat antique light archival units to share with the group... amazing stuff.

Laurie, great to meet you! The girls are still talking about it. Spike, my wife is still laughing... thanks for a great morning out with friends.

Troy - many thanks to you and your family for taking the time to have breakfast with a couple of wayward pilots! You have 4 beautiful and intelligent girls and I really enjoyed talking to them!

Spike - Thanks for the hat! I am kind of an antique buff anyway, and especially vintage aviation stuff. How thoughtful of you!!

Adrian and Chris were most impressed with y'all too. Adrian can't wait to come back to the States and meet more POA'ers.

We had a great time and I look forward to meeting up with y'all again!

I'll throw in my comment- Laurie is definitely "folks," and I mean it in the best way. We gotta get her to Gaston's next year!

It was also a real treat to meet her co-workers.

And, of course, Troy's wife an kids are reminders that, sometimes, when you are lucky, you get better than you deserve!

Back