DFW Film students needing help.

ausrere

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Lisa
Hi folks,

I have an unusual request. My nephew is a film student at TCU in Fort Worth. He and a group of his classmates are producing a short film involving an aviation theme. They've asked for help in locating a small aircraft in the DFW area that they could photograph for reference shots (inside and out) and/or are looking for old gauges to borrow for a cockpit mock-up in studio for use in green-screen shots if they aren't able to do the scenes justice using CGI (they really want realism). Apparently they have to simulate a barrel roll in this film.

These are students with no budget, so anyone have any ideas about where to find enough parts to simulate a panel for short term use or want to volunteer their aircraft for static photos?

Thanks!

Lisa

Let me see what kind of dead instruments I can dig up tomorrow

If I remember!

Have them set up a field trip to "Air Salvage of Dallas" near Lancaster, TX (SE of Dallas, along I-45, next to Lancaster Airport.

With permission, they might be allowed to check out lots of aircraft as reference. And ASoD might be able to help with the instruments and technical details. Avoid the "if you look at the directional gyro, you can see we're at 5000 feet" goofs.

Lisa:

What is the required time frame?

I am certain we can put something together over at ADS, but it would have to be after Gaston's.

Lisa:

What is the required time frame?

I am certain we can put something together over at ADS, but it would have to be after Gaston's.

I don't, but I'll find out tomorrow. We were exchanging text message to get messages to get what I was able to get before posting. I think it's a summer project, but I'll make sure.

Thanks guys for the suggestions so far, I'm passing them on.

Back