DFW Bravo

Tyjay30

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Tyler
I have to head up to KGYi in the morning from KTPL, I plan to be wheels up by 6am, Am I more likely to be vectored around the Bravo or cleared through around this time, just curious for planning purposes. Thanks in advance!

The one time I went to KTKI via the TPL VOR, I was cleared straight thru on a weekday mid afternoon. They did give me several altitude changes.

IFR or VFR?

If'n it were me, I'd plan/file KTPL KHQZ KTKI KGYI. That will get you around much of the madness with very little difference in ETE.

Be on top with your communications. Regional Approach (especially the SE side) is busy, but staffed with good folk that will go the extra step for pilots who help make their job easier. Near Rockwall, expect to get a frequency change to the NE sector, and then sent over to ZFW after exiting the Bravo ring.

If you are using flight following, it should be simple as long as you pay attention and don't bust Bravo without a clearance.

IFR or VFR?

If'n it were me, I'd plan/file KTPL KHQZ KTKI KGYI. That will get you around much of the madness with very little difference in ETE.

Be on top with your communications. Regional Approach (especially the SE side) is busy, but staffed with good folk that will go the extra step for pilots who help make their job easier. Near Rockwall, expect to get a frequency change to the NE sector, and then sent over to ZFW after exiting the Bravo ring.

It will be VFR as I dont have my instrument ticket...yet, thanks for the response Mike and congratulations on getting your IR recently!

If you are using flight following, it should be simple as long as you pay attention and don't bust Bravo without a clearance.

Thanks Ryan, I will be on flight following and hopefully won't have any numbers to call when I land!

You don't have to be on FF. People try to make it so complicated.
Turn off your transponder and fly how YOU want.
You are PIC not the controller.

You're welcome.

You're welcome.

Exactly. I like to think of Bravo as more of an "airspace suggestion."

I usually get vectored around the DFW Bravo when VFR. In your shoes, I'd try to get clearance for the practice.

You're welcome.

Bryan, I referenced your recent video post and realized the Piper Arrow I will be flying is not equipped with auto-tune and they (ATC) were most likely not even going to respond to my calls, so flight following was out of the question. Ill just plan for going through the Bravo, if I'm not cleared I guess 7700 in the box will get me through :wink2:

I usually get vectored around the DFW Bravo when VFR. In your shoes, I'd try to get clearance for the practice.

I've been through before, but that was at 1am headed back to KTPL from Oklahoma I just wasn't sure with experiences around this time in the morning. Thanks for the response!

Jamon. And thanks for keeping Bryan in line. He's bound to hurt himself if he keeps landing by pulling the chute.

As a 30-hr student pilot (with instructor beside me) I flew the LAX VFR corridor. That was a real education in talking to controllers - 12 handoffs in 15 minutes. I'm a big fan of progressively increasing workloads. Headed back to KTRL in a few weeks to get my MEL Instrument and Commercial. Fly safe!

Gah, the jokes the jokes! Seriously, 7 days worked in a row with a Bravo bust.

I'm late to the thread, but plan to go around, hope for the clearance and have a great flight.

Trip went good, 3.9 on the clock and cleared both ways. Thanks for all the replies!

Bravo busts are sooo unnecessary. Sorry to hear that man. 24G

Well get them a lot as a slower bravo. Usually unfamiliar pilots trying to find or depart a field juuuust outside the inner ring.

We're never out for blood here. Most times the pilot realises after a hint. It's nearly always a polite and gentle reminder to be more careful. You can tell when someone is nervous anyway and know to help them out a little most times. The guys that call up for ff over the marker at glide slope alt of the active, have no charts or have no idea about class b and what it is though. That makes my blood boil.

Even the busy bravo busts won't get too much fanfare...unless degrades safety of the operation.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well get them a lot as a slower bravo. Usually unfamiliar pilots trying to find or depart a field juuuust outside the inner ring.

We're never out for blood here. Most times the pilot realises after a hint. It's nearly always a polite and gentle reminder to be more careful. You can tell when someone is nervous anyway and know to help them out a little most times. The guys that call up for ff over the marker at glide slope alt of the active, have no charts or have no idea about class b and what it is though. That makes my blood boil.

I had heard rumors a while back that if somebody bust Bravo you guys would track them to the airport they landed at and try to figure out who it was if they were not speaking to you. Is that true at all?

I had heard rumors a while back that if somebody bust Bravo you guys would track them to the airport they landed at and try to figure out who it was if they were not speaking to you. Is that true at all?

I would like to see what the answer to this is.

I always file, so I am not worried.

I suspect you see a map since it is a local reference.
We just see this:

attachment.php

It's true. And before anyone asks, turning off your transponder won't necessarily cause us to lose the track.

Back