DFW Area Avionics Shop?

MBDiagMan

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Doc
I can't do a whole lot more on my instrument training until I get my Marker Beacon fixed and my antenna's sorted out.

Does anyone know of a reliable and affordable avionics shop in the DFW area that could fix an old Narco NAV Localizer/GS and a Narco Audio Panel with Marker Beacon as well as sort out my antenna issues?

The shop I've been using in Durant is taking a vacation at the time that I need them.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Mark Pledger at Flite Electronics is honest and honorable in my experience. Shop has been in business since forever. Based at ADS

972-239-3791

Thanks Spike! I talked with Mark and he thinks he can take care of everything. I didn't ask him if he is around on Saturday's. If he is, I will try to get the plane to him next week or week after.

This will FORCE me to take the next step in my flying by taking the trek into ADS. Is the traffic there lighter on Saturday's? I'm completely comfortable going to GPM, ADS should be a pretty big step beyond that.

The traffic isn't too bad, you will have to get flight following in and they will keep you separated. It's a busy little airport though. I'm not too experienced and I handle it fine, so I've got to imagine with 1,383 posts you'll be alright. :)

Give Dick Ferguson at Aero Country a call before you come to Addison. He works on a lot of older stuff, one-man shop, closer to you, very user-friendly, quick turn-around.

The traffic isn't too bad, you will have to get flight following in and they will keep you separated. It's a busy little airport though. I'm not too experienced and I handle it fine, so I've got to imagine with 1,383 posts you'll be alright. :)

LOL! Yeah 1,383 posts with about half that many landings, and 99.5% of those landings were at non controlled airports.

Thanks for the encouragement though. I think I could make it in okay, but I WOULD like to do it on a day with the lightest traffic possible.:)

Give Dick Ferguson at Aero Country a call before you come to Addison. He works on a lot of older stuff, one-man shop, closer to you, very user-friendly, quick turn-around.

Wayne,

I will look him up and give him a call.

Thanks a bunch.

Wayne,

I will look him up and give him a call.

Thanks a bunch.

If you come in from the west/southwest they will usually vector you over DFW at 3500. If you come in from the south, you may get vectored over DAL (happened once.) From the east you are asked to stay east of white rock lake, and from the north stay north of lake lewisville dam. But honestly it's no big deal, pick up flight following and you fly right in.

I did a lot of training at the non-towered airports and I really find it was easier at KADS. They let you know when to decend, when it's clear for you to land, they keep you clear of traffic, etc. So no big deal. The busy times are M-F 730-9AM and 4-6PM. I don't really ever see it too congested. I've been number 3 to land a couple of times, but usually am cleared pretty quick after regional departure hands me off to the tower.

Thanks Jon!

I hangar to the North East of the MetroMess at Bonham. I've come across to Grand Prairie via Flight Following before, VERY early in the morning and they bored me right through. I feel comfortable getting off the runway, calling 124.3 for Flight Following, no problem. My hesitancy about ADS is the traffic volume. Your giving me the times of the peak traffic helps a LOT.

Back