DFW: 18-wheeler being chased by SWAT live on TV

Troy Whistman said:
http://www.nbc5i.com/index.html

What's idiotic is all the people going out and standing alongside the road or the overpasses to see and wave as they go by...

The vicious pace reminded me of the horrific Hot Wheels chase sequence on South Park. They could have easily blocked him off on the freeway on-ramp but I guess they were understandably concerned with stopping traffic first.

Last edited:
Perp carjacked two vehicles *before* he stole the 18-wheeler rig and, in the process, kidnapped the wife in and husband-and-wife driving team (along with the dog).

As "chase" played out over 4+ hours, the guy spoke over cell phone to one stations' reporter, told them he would not turn himself in because, as an African-American male, he had a bix "X" on his back for mistreatment.

NO, the "X" came from multiple violent felonies committed.

Sheesh.

"I was excited. I heard that they were shooting at him, so I wanted to get out and see bullets flying, man. You know?" one bystander said.

Cause, yeah, like, those bullets flying couldn't possibly HIT you...

Recently we had a situation where cops were racing all over our friend's neighborhood up in Bel Air. Word was a small boy had been abducted... A bunch of locals were all standing around outside, letting their kids play, etc., our "neice" (9) wanted to go outside and watch the cops run around.
I can understand a 9yr old not making the connection that "child abductor = dangerous to 9 yr old" --- I have a hard time seeing how an ADULT can't connect "flying bullets" w/ "Get IN House" (or for that matter, how "child abductor" = "get KIDS in house")

(BTW the kid wasn't abducted...he'd ridden his bigwheel up to the main road (out of bounds) and his father came and got him very abruptly in his car, which was witnessed by ppl who didn't know him and assumed the worst.)

Greebo said:

Cause, yeah, like, those bullets flying couldn't possibly HIT you...

Yea i watched this thing for about 2 hours yesterday on the news. All the idiots in Dallas came out to watch it. They were waving, throwing gang signs, and cheering for this guy on the side of the road. I couldnt help but laugh out loud! Im thinkin , you cheering for a guy that is about to go to prison for a very long time or get killed?

What is wrong with some of the people in this world. They didnt even know why he was doing it..

I watched the webfeed until they cut away to show that stupid pageant yesterday.

What happened? The last I saw, they were holed up in the bag of the rig, with fuel all over the ground.

SkyHog said:
I watched the webfeed until they cut away to show that stupid pageant yesterday.

What happened? The last I saw, they were holed up in the bag of the rig, with fuel all over the ground.

In a nutshell ..

The chick ran out of the truck (with her dog right behind) and they shot tear gas in the cab flushing the guy out.

No injuries or anything..

Here is the video..

http://www.nbc5i.com/news/9565162/detail.html

SkyHog said:

Dude.

Did you not see the swim suit competition?

Two words: Bra Zil.

SCCutler said:
Dude.

Did you not see the swim suit competition?

Two words: Bra Zil.

2 more words: Bor ING! They were clothed, and I still didn't have a shot at any of them :D

SkyHog said:
2 more words: Bor ING! They were clothed, and I still didn't have a shot at any of them :D

Dude!! Where is your game?? You Gotta Gotta BELEIVE!!!

Dave Krall CFII said:
They could have easily blocked him off on the freeway on-ramp but I guess they were understandably concerned with stopping traffic first.

I watched a PD next door to the one I worked at try that once with a stolen 18 wheeler. They lost three patrol cars as he plowed over them. Lesson learned...bigger has right of way unless you have something MUCH heavier to stop it.

Back