Developing -- KOMO-TV Chopper Down Near Broadcast Studios in Seattle

I don't think I've found anyone on this board who wants LEOs to die burning. I want them to be held accountable for their roid rages, and overstepping the bounds of their charter, if you call that 'hate' maybe you are in the majority of LEOs that are doing it wrong? I'm guessing you see anyone involved in the exercise of their liberty to be a hater?
Yup it was way wrong when LEOs burned the LEO Dorner to death.

Ok, lets back the truck up a bit. I replied to that one individual who considered this tragedy a good thing, and expressed my distaste for their op-ed. I was then accosted out of the 'blue'(see what I did there?) and completely without provocation on the LEO angle. I responded, because I felt that was uncalled for and unprovoked attempt to smear me, when I'm just sticking up for fellow pilots now deceased with some respect. Kat took the discussion BACK to the fellow pilots of the news chopper, she got an amen for that from someone else, and now this in-your-face warning about SZ.

So, for any participant who thinks any of my posts have been offensive, or beyond the rules of the forum, you may avail yourself of the little warning icon in the post and report it. That is the function of that little white with red border triangle. If you are a mod/admin, and you want to take me to task for standing up for the dead pilots of this crash, or defending myself from baseless smears, contact me via PM and we will have a little quality time there.

I used YOU in the broader sense, not directed at you DocMirror personally. I should have said "all y'all" denoting that the request was directed to anyone in this group that wants to make this political or continue down the line of discussion related to the actions/reactions to law enforcement. Apologies for any misunderstanding.

Does that clear it up a bit?

On the other hand the stories about the on-air personalities were entertaining...if you ever get the chance to fly with "Amelia Earhart" (she's off the air now but finally did get her PPC) you better handle the navigation.

She just resigned to go do her reenactment of her ancestor getting lost. It's the local non-secret that she might succeed more completely than necessary.

My CFI flew a 172M for some radio station about four years ago. Westernair had the contract and had the plane available for rental when it wasn't covering rush hour traffic.

Well, ya know what happened - a newly minted PP balled it up when attempting to land at BJC.

It took Westernair about nine months to replace the plane and by then the radio station figured out they didn't need to be airborne. Other than being detained by LE while reporting traffic from the Tool King parking lot just north of the Federal Center, phoning in the traffic report didn't seem to hurt the ratings.

On the other hand the stories about the on-air personalities were entertaining...if you ever get the chance to fly with "Amelia Earhart" (she's off the air now but finally did get her PPC) you better handle the navigation.

PC Flyers at KAPA (long defunct) had a 182 on the line that was outfitted for traffic duty. The general checkout included "leave the wooden box and the crap in it that's between the front seats alone". And, "It has to be back on time in the afternoons, and leave enough time to refuel it."

It was just a couple of police scanners and a wideband FM transmitter and receiver along with a band-pass/band-reject UHF duplexer. The wideband FM when activated was always on and full duplex on two UHF frequencies.

There was a DC headset stored near the box that had two mic booms. The headset was wired such that the right ear and mic boom was the radio station back channel and the audio for broadcast. Left side was ATC.

Still miss hearing all the "Skywatch" callsigns on TRACON frequencies.

Back