Devastating news

Sorry Tom. I don't know what it is about this year.....probably nothing, it happens all the time, but I've suddenly had 2 women I know hit with the big C in the last 6 months. First one was a lady that my wife babysat for when we were in college........she will always be a young attractive 30-something single mom to me who was just awesome. Right now she is bald, and has maybe 6 months to live with her stage 4 pancreatic cancer diagnosis. Second one is the little sister of a high school friend of mine, who just had her first kid, and the next day started chemo.......hers is a much more survivable cancer, so fingers crossed. Really sucks, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Sorry Tom. I don't know what it is about this year.....probably nothing, it happens all the time, but I've suddenly had 2 women I know hit with the big C in the last 6 months. First one was a lady that my wife babysat for when we were in college........she will always be a young attractive 30-something single mom to me who was just awesome. Right now she is bald, and has maybe 6 months to live with her stage 4 pancreatic cancer diagnosis. Second one is the little sister of a high school friend of mine, who just had her first kid, and the next day started chemo.......hers is a much more survivable cancer, so fingers crossed. Really sucks, and I'm sorry for your loss.

These things do seem to come in groupings. Last year was especially bad for me. I normally have been an "Always attend the funeral" type but there were too many too far away last year for that to have even been possible. My MSF instructor died in a motorcycle crash... haven't ridden much since then.

Very sorry for your loss, Tom.

Back