destruction and devastation

What movie was that in?

Interesting question, but does it matter?

I love when Hollywood thinks no one can tell the difference between different types of aircraft, and so will substitute a 727 for a 737 for a 747 in different shots.

Likewise with military aircraft: In their minds an F-16 looks like an F-15 which looks like an F-4 Phantom which looks like an FA-18.

Man I just hate those idiots.

I love when Hollywood thinks no one can tell the difference between different types of aircraft, and so will substitute a 727 for a 737 for a 747 in different shots.

Likewise with military aircraft: In their minds an F-16 looks like an F-15 which looks like an F-4 Phantom which looks like an FA-18.

Or an F9F Panther for an F-14? Quick quiz - where did that happen?

Or, worse, an F9F Panther for a TBD Devistator? Brownie points for naming that movie. :(

And it was the same scene in both movies, and they weren't obscure low budget flicks, either. Come on, folks....

Last edited:

I know what you mean. I just started watching "Firewall" and while Harrison is saying he's updating the honeypot rules to trap a cracker live they show a simple applying of access rules on a Cisco router command line. Bow-gus. :rolleyes:

I know what you mean. I just started watching "Firewall" and while Harrison is saying he's updating the honeypot rules to trap a cracker live they show a simple applying of access rules on a Cisco router command line. Bow-gus. :rolleyes:

You mean hackers don't manually crack 512+bit keys in seconds by moving cubes around on some crazy GUI? (Swordfish) :rofl:

How about the print ads for the movie about Flight 93, featuring an Airbus....

-Skip

You mean hackers don't manually crack 512+bit keys in seconds by moving cubes around on some crazy GUI? (Swordfish) :rofl:

But what about Hackers, where system admins use passwords like "god" (not even case sensitive!) and you can surf around systems in a cool 3d representation looking for data.

My fragile perception of the world Hollywood has given me is being shattered by these facts! STOP!!!!

The 747 on the Universal lot is from a Tom Cruise movie, I think "War of the Worlds"??

greg
Is it the plane that brought the people that would become the body thetans during the wall of fire incident from all around the galaxy to earth aka Teegeack by order of Xenu??

Is it the plane that brought the people that would become the body thetans during the wall of fire incident from all around the galaxy to earth aka Teegeack by order of Xenu??

I dont know. I took the studio tour, I never saw the movie.

greg

Or way back when, when Die Hard 2 (or was it 3), was still in the theaters. When the terrorists 'dialed-down' the ILS, so the plane would crash land short of the runway. I remember seeing that in the theater and standing up and yelling "YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!!!!".

Or way back when, when Die Hard 2 (or was it 3), was still in the theaters. When the terrorists 'dialed-down' the ILS, so the plane would crash land short of the runway. I remember seeing that in the theater and standing up and yelling "YOU CAN'T DO THAT!!!!!!".

Actually, I think you can - Kind of - I'm pretty sure they can adjust the glideslope, but it would adjust the angle and the pilots would know it immediately when the glideslope came alive looooooong before they got to the FAF. And while they'd come in way low, they'd still be aimed at the runway.

So yeah, it wouldn't be enough to crash the plane, and it wouldn't work exactly how it did in the movie, which IIRC lowered the glideslope like 500 feet but kept the same angle or something.

Or, worse, an F9F Panther for a TBD Devistator? Brownie points for naming that movie. :(

And it was the same scene in both movies, and they weren't obscure low budget flicks, either. Come on, folks....

Was this one from Midway?

While getting a BJ from Haley Barry no less! :eek::blowingkisses::goofy:

While getting a BJ from Haley Barry no less! :eek::blowingkisses::goofy:
See, now that's just wrong....

he got it from a blonde, while Halle Barry and the others were watching. With a gun at his head if he didn't succeed with the hack. In two minutes.

I have such a boring life. :D

See, now that's just wrong....

he got it from a blonde, while Halle Barry and the others were watching. With a gun at his head if he didn't succeed with the hack. In two minutes.

I have such a boring life. :D

Hmmmm....damn I guess it was just wishful thinking. Either way...I want that job! LOL

Back