Deported because of tweet

Pi1otguy

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Fox McCloud
Beat me to it. Disregard
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47102

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...r-news-US-bars-friends-over-Twitter-joke.html

Leigh, who also quipped about "digging up Marilyn Monroe" on Twitter, said they were treated like terrorists on arrival at a Los Angeles International Airport.
[snip]
The Department of Homeland Security flagged up Leigh as a potential threat when he posted a Twitter message to his pals ahead of his trip to Hollywood.
It read: "Free this week, for quick gossip/prep before I go and destroy America".
I'm pretty sure I've said some bats*** crazy stuff online before. Is this really a reason to go through all of this?

BTW: Might not completely agree with DHS's inability to discern sarcasm, but am amazed at their ability to correctly correlate the twitter feed with a random guy coming into the US before he arrives.

Last edited:
Tcechnicality: Not "deported", but refused admission and sent back. There IS a difference....

Tcechnicality: Not "deported", but refused admission and sent back. There IS a difference....

Due process wise, a HUGE difference.

Think of it the way a government 'crat does:

Sen: Welcome CBP Director Smith
Smith: Thank you Senator
Sen: So, you received evidence that this, let me see, Mr. Byran had made threats?
Smith: Can you be more specific?
Senator: Let's see...he said he was going to, and I quote, "destroy America"
Smith: Yes, we had access to that information, Senator
Senator: And on February 30, can you describe what happened for the record?
Smith: Mr. Bryan detonated a 4.2 megaton nuclear device in downtown Manhattan
Senator: Hmmm, and you've just admitted that had advance warning of this?
Smith: Well, we didn't take it seriously...
Senator: Obviously not. What other threats to "destroy America" is Customs and Border Protection not taking seriously?

Back