Denver area CFI recommendations

Doggtyred

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Dave
A former high school classmate of mine lives in the Denver area and is wanting "flying lessons". He's working in real estate, and understands that this is an expensive hobby. I've not delved into PPL versus SP or what his mission is at this point, other than to perhaps satisfy a long time goal..

Anyone you can recommend? Or recommend against. Reply privately if needed. I live on the Texas gulf coast and simply dont know the lay of the land up there, with regards to flight schools and CFI's.

Dave

Hmmm, many choices in terms of schools and equipment.

First question is what part of town? Second question is how finicky is he on hardware (do things have to be shiny/new or can he be seen in an old car)?

My old flight school has had a change in chief pilot and I'm willing to recommend them again. A couple good instructors there but they have old equipment ('cepting the Cirri which are expensive for primary).

If he's got to have shiny new stuff around him then the choices change. If he lives down south the choices are different (APA) than if he lives up north (BJC or other). FTG still has some training if he's on the east side.

His zip is in Greenwood... so.. Google maps tells me he's closest to Centennial...

The Clint I knew back then wasn't materialistic.. so.. new penny, old penny.. they are both a penny. I never had a problem with old planes, just poorly maintained ones.

His zip is in Greenwood... so.. Google maps tells me he's closest to Centennial...

The Clint I knew back then wasn't materialistic.. so.. new penny, old penny.. they are both a penny. I never had a problem with old planes, just poorly maintained ones.

Mark Kolber (midlifeflyer) flies out of Centennial and should be checking in any minute now.

Bob Gardner

Mark Kolber (midlifeflyer) flies out of Centennial and should be checking in any minute now.

Bob Gardner
Dave, I'd be happy to meet or talk with your friend and give him the scoop on what's available at KAPA (I live and work in Greenwood Village). It would be no strings attached since I'm rarely teaching these days due to "real work" commitments.

Back