Dented wing... and dented pickup

Someone lose their CAPF-5 or was it dragged to the crash by a ground-pounder?

The light pole behind the plane was installed over a short period of time and the pilot didn't see it while they were parking. Swung the wing over the grass like they normally park and smashed the wing into the pole.

The light pole behind the plane was installed over a short period of time and the pilot didn't see it while they were parking. Swung the wing over the grass like they normally park and smashed the wing into the pole.

Oops! :(

Here is another "good" one...

91843337_253157115846002_7227093189251825664_n.jpg

I've seen one like that. Some drunks at HEF managed to get one engine fired up in a King Air that was parked on the ramp and chop up a real pretty Lance that was parked in front of it.

Your "GOOD" one SMV killed the guys in the RV. I was there that day (and I work on the taxiways at OSH) and glad I didn't see it happen.

Back in the day when I worked at a jet center at TEB, an adjacent hangar had a few managed aircraft; one of which was a GIII. The line guys painted a line on the floor of the hangar to assist in storing that airplane. Once the nose wheel was on the line the airplane was as far in as safely possible... well sometime later the company acquired a G-IV which was somewhat longer than the GIII... I’ll let your imagination complete the $tory...:eek2:

I've seen one like that. Some drunks at HEF managed to get one engine fired up in a King Air that was parked on the ramp and chop up a real pretty Lance that was parked in front of it.

Your "GOOD" one SMV killed the guys in the RV. I was there that day (and I work on the taxiways at OSH) and glad I didn't see it happen.

Yeah, I wouldn't call that a "good" one as there was a fatality accompanied with that one...

I get a chance to hit the hangar and/or FBO building every time I fly!

Someone did not complete their After Landing Checklist. That or they are being highjacked... o_O

Someone did not complete their After Landing Checklist. That or they are being highjacked...

Are you talking about the flaps still down? Many Mooney drivers leave the flaps fully down after landing, the flap is a no step, if they're down, nobody steps on them. I put them up to takeoff as part of the pre-taxi checklist.

Back