Density ?

marcoseddi

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
marc
Maybe you guys can help with this question I cant seem to figure out how to compute it.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-09 at 5.55.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-09 at 5.55.07 PM.png
    54.7 KB · Views: 90
I realized second i posted it and stopped looking at the screen for 3 hours straight its 1700 decrease. Thanks

It probably is..... I always err on the conservative side.:yes:;)

The way you compute it is to pull out your whiz wheel and compute the denstity altitude for each temp/PA pair, then pull out your stubby pencil and paper and subtract one from the other.

I think these questions are specifically designed to make you think you need a Sporty's electronic E6-B flight computer.

Maybe if we could refer to figure 8, as they mention in the preface to the question, we might get a better idea. Barring that, do what Cap'n Ron mentioned eg: whiz wheel and paper and pencil figuring.

Maybe you guys can help with this question I cant seem to figure out how to compute it.

Hi Marc - There are probably other ways to do it, but this is how I would do it with the actual Figure 8 chart. You have to add your own lines for the pressure altitudes of 1,250 and 1,750 feet, in between 1,000 and 2,000 feet, then it seems pretty straight forward.

It's my understanding that they will give you a clear sheet so that you can draw on top of the chart during the test. Can anybody verify that?

Joe

FAA%20Figure%208.jpg

Last edited:
Back