Denial with request for more info

Q

QuickQuestion

I've been pursuing a medical despite a history of resolved depression. I received positive evaluations from a HIMS psychiatrist and from an aviation psychologist, having done very well on the cogscreen and the MMPI, etc. After about 10 months of waiting, I got a letter from the FAA saying that I was denied, but that I would receive reconsideration if I simply provide a letter from a clinical psychiatrist agreeing to check in on me every six months.

Of course I'm working on that right away and should be able to send them such a letter by the end of the week. Is it fair to say I'll likely be approved for a special issuance after fulfilling this? Has anyone gotten one of these letters?

We are likely the wrong group to ask since a very small number, if any, have direct experience with what you are going through.

but we can try Pinging Doctor’s Lou and Bruce for their input. @lbfjrmd @bbchien

Thank you! No worries if nobody knows the answer, just thought I'd see if anyone was familiar with this.

Does it tell you to find a “HIMS AME” as that implies a sponsored SI is to what the letter is pointing.....

if not just do what it sez....we see these esp. for upper class applications with prolonged duration of a single episode.....

Doesn’t say HIMS, just any clinical psychiatrist. It is indeed for an upper-class application with, basically, a single episode. I will follow the directions. Thank you very much

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back