Delta Plane Fire at ATL

Last edited:
What's with all those idiots just standing there at the base of the slide????

What's with all those idiots just standing there at the base of the slide????

Well. Who is out there telling them what to do?? Where are they supposed to go? Rally points aren't covered on the brief. The flight crew is probably still on the plane...

What's the danger? Is it going to explode like on the movies??

Well. Who is out there telling them what to do?? Where are they supposed to go? Rally points aren't covered on the brief. The flight crew is probably still on the plane...

Usually in situations like that, there are at least a few people with common sense to start moving away and the clueless heard tends to follow.

Part of the evacuation drill for the flight crew at UAL is for the crew to enlist a couple of helper passengers to stand at the bottom of the slide to help people off and send them away from the airplane. What actually happens in the heat of the battle is another thing entirely.

As for the plane "exploding", who knows? Stranger things have been known to happen. I for one wouldn't want to be standing around a burning airplane unless it was in Siberia and I needed to stay warm.

Last edited:
My wife claims that it spontaneously burst into flames because it was so hot here yesterday. :D :D :D

Ohhh............
She's gonna LOVE July and August in Georgia then....:mad:

She's already been through one summer here (we moved down here Jan 2010), but this will be the first summer that she is sweating for two. ;)

We did the Braves-Padres game today. She has decided that was our last day game until late fall. ha..

She's already been through one summer here (we moved down here Jan 2010), but this will be the first summer that she is sweating for two. ;)

We did the Braves-Padres game today. She has decided that was our last day game until late fall. ha..

Well, Congrats then!!!
Maybe you can head over to http://www.gastateparks.org/IndianSprings
to cool down. It worked for us a few times.
Not too far away, either.

They pretty much trashed that right engine. Foam does bad things to those engines.

It was a Delta MD-88. They didn't renumber the airplanes after the merge.

http://avherald.com/h?article=43d4b095&opt=0

Only if its still turned on, if its off its no big deal compaired to if its on. My dad is a quality control inspector for the airlines; he used to be a mechanic aswell.

Back