One NW captain's graphic opinion of how this will work for the NW pilots <g>

Best,

Dave

Attachments

• DeltaNW merger.JPG
    DeltaNW merger.JPG
    249.8 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Yeah. Well, I really get sick of hearing them complain about the service when they pretty much GET WHAT THEY PAY FOR.

The problem, Greg, is that some of us travel at or near last minute at very high prices.... and we get the SAME CRAP as the $99 crowd. If the airlines want to be Trailways.... they gotta accept that folks paying the high fares for a middle seat and crapo service will complain.

I actually like Southwest's way of addressing that: a last-minute, expensive-fare buyer gets to be first on the plane, and first to pick a seat.

They know EXACTLY what the hell they are doing. Every GD last one of the SOB's are working towards lining their own pockets. To hell with running an airline, lets see how much we can skim off of the company. How do they get by with that crap?

I assume they get by because the stockholders like the results. Last time I checked it was the stockholders (and generally the major stockholders) who chose and reward the company officers. Perhaps we passengers ought to become a major stockholder group and take control?

We had one of the chairmen from Pinnacle come talk to us very briefly at an aviation banquet yesterday. He basically said that rising oil costs gave them an initiative to combine with Delta to create one of the largest airline companies on the market. He attempted to say, although not directly, that consolidation will happen. From what I got out of it, it meant that pilots and major hubs would be reduced. Although I found it slightly funny that he tried to encourage the idea that as pilots we are in a great time of our careers because the airlines are looking for the best of the best. Somehow it was supposed to encourage us....I sure didn't think so.

Cessna also came to talk to us. He seemed a little more encouraging and very excited about acquiring Columbia. It was neat to note that he admitted aviation never stops growing so you never stop learning, buying another company was definitely something new to learn.

Back