Dell Technical support.

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
Mistake or dumbasses?

So I've got my Dell Mini which has been working fine for the past 3 months I've had it, until this weekend, the battery stops charging. After some quick trouble shooting (and a call to TS) we determine that it is either the A/C cord, or the connection in the computer, because it won't run with the battery disconnected when plugged in. So, they tell me on Friday that they will ship me a replacement A/C cord, and if the computer works, send the old cord back. If the computer doesn't work, send the computer, battery, and both cords back in the box the new cord comes in.

The box arrives today....empty.

Mistake or dumbasses?

So I've got my Dell Mini which has been working fine for the past 3 months I've had it, until this weekend, the battery stops charging. After some quick trouble shooting (and a call to TS) we determine that it is either the A/C cord, or the connection in the computer, because it won't run with the battery disconnected when plugged in. So, they tell me on Friday that they will ship me a replacement A/C cord, and if the computer works, send the old cord back. If the computer doesn't work, send the computer, battery, and both cords back in the box the new cord comes in.

Ouch. Consumerist runs a "most wasteful shipping" thing every now and again where folks will post how companies will ship something like an SD card in a huge box, but Dell shipping air has to top the list. :rofl:

Could that box be for shipping the PC back? If not, and it's definitely supposed to be the shipping container for the replacement A/C cord, I'd call and explain what you received (or didn't I guess), and I'm almost positive they'll actually send you one. If they put up a fuss, I'd like to think the shipper would have a weight record for the package (to make sure Dell didn't claim a lower weight than they should have) which would show the box was just a box. But hopefully it won't come to that. :D

Ouch. Consumerist runs a "most wasteful shipping" thing every now and again where folks will post how companies will ship something like an SD card in a huge box, but Dell shipping air has to top the list. :rofl:

Could that box be for shipping the PC back? If not, and it's definitely supposed to be the shipping container for the replacement A/C cord, I'd call and explain what you received (or didn't I guess), and I'm almost positive they'll actually send you one. If they put up a fuss, I'd like to think the shipper would have a weight record for the package (to make sure Dell didn't claim a lower weight than they should have) which would show the box was just a box. But hopefully it won't come to that. :D

The box is big enough to send the computer back in, and I did get the return label in the box like they said it would be, just no cord. I can't imagine them shipping TWO air packages to me...wait...yes...I can. :frown3:

separate shipments? Cord in one (tomorrow), shipping box today's?

Mistake or dumbasses?

Kind of like the envelope I got from Sporty's last month that was supposed to contain my new AF/D. Marked by the post office that it had been received with no contents. Sporty's sent me a new one quickly after I contacted them. Over $2 in postage to send an empty envelope. Ouch!

Back