Dell Axim

Terry

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Terry
Hi All:

I have a Gateway tablet laptop.

I used to have a Pam Pilot Visor. I could update my calender, appointments, and contacts from my desktop. Then I would "hot sync" and bring the Palm up to date and would match my laptop.

I now have a Dell Axim and I can "sync" it to my laptop but I can't bring up the hand held screen on my desk top nor can I open and read my contacts or folders.

Shouldn't there be a software program with the Dell Axim so I can use my laptop instead of the Axim screen?

Thanks;

Terry

Addition.....

I can find my Axim files on my Gateway.

If I right click on the file it just shows me the properties but won't open the file.

I tried opening the file in Office but it won't open the file either.

Terry

Terry said:
Addition.....

I can find my Axim files on my Gateway.

If I right click on the file it just shows me the properties but won't open the file.

I tried opening the file in Office but it won't open the file either.

Terry

Use ActiveSync on the laptop. You should have gotten it on CD with the Axim. Maybe you can download it from Dell. With Activesync you can open up the Pocket PC in Windows Explorer and drag files to and from it and it will convert the file formats as it transfers them.

You could also buy acopy of Pocket Mirror
http://www.chapura.com/pmp_wm.php

It will, however, only sync the mail, notes, tasks and contacts with Outlook or Outlook Express. There may be some third party utilities that will work in place of Outlook like Palm Desktop, but I haven't found any yet.

My Windows Mobile (HTC) Cingular 8125 phone came with Activesync and a legal single copy of Outlook. I still will not use Outlook for email personally. I use Thunderbird. Of course we use Outlook/Exchange at work.

I have Active Sync installed and I can sync my handheld to my laptop.

What I can't do is open the files on the laptop. I have tried IE but don't see how to open the handheld files in Explorer.

I even opened IE and tried to drag the files to the IE desktop but to no avail.

I edit my wife's web page and on my IE I have "edit with microsoft front page."

Would you please be specific on how to open active sync in IE.

Thanks;

Terry

Mike:

Figured it out.

Thanks for your help.

Terry :yes:

Back