Deletions?

JohnAJohnson

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
JohnAJohnson
There were two threads of interest to me, a 530W and a 430W for sale. Both have been deleted or error when I try to access them. The 530 seemed legitimate (from Wentworth) but the 430 was questionable and was being vetted. Can a moderator shed some light on why they were deleted?

Been a couple ads lately that were Scams for garmins

Note to self.... New user plus high dollar product for sale has over and over been proven to be scammers. Maybe once in a while they are legit. But I won't ever trust a new user with no post history selling anything.

That's just ripe to be scammed.

Called Wentworth and alerted them
There was no person ever at Wentworth with the name claimed by the poster

Note to self.... New user plus high dollar product for sale has over and over been proven to be scammers. Maybe once in a while they are legit. But I won't ever trust a new user with no post history selling anything.

That's just ripe to be scammed.

Yea, I am always leery when the person has 1 post. I wonder if the moderators might consider some sort of "20 posts before you can post a classified" policy.

First thing is to have a phone conservation. I actually called and got a no English speaking person with some of the most ridiculous conservation. He kept asking how I wanted to Transact the sale. I said I would pick it up in person after the third phone call he made to me. Guess what no more phone calls.
If you are going to buy a piece of avionics and have doubt asxk where the unit is located and then look up an avionics shop near there and tell the person to a take it to the shop for verification. If he baulks you need to run.

Back