Deleted

well, it is at the Thermal VOR...........

Somehow I had never heard of Jacqueline Cochran. Extremely impressive life story, first at many things in aviation for women
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacqueline_Cochran
It used to be just the Thermal Airport. Changed around 2000 or so I think. Calling Johnnie Cochran Traffic was a thing.:fingerwag: I had my plane hangared there for two months. It wasn’t always bumpy. Hardly ever was actually. But that was January and February.

I've never been there and I doubted it's always bumpy.

in all fairness he asked a legitimate question for a low time ppl student just starting to solo, which he partially answered himself (fly early morning). not sure why the post was deleted tho.

in all fairness he asked a legitimate question for a low time ppl student just starting to solo, which he partially answered himself (fly early morning). not sure why the post was deleted tho.

I had a bumpy ride yesterday, still don't like it, but the alternative was an hour in ice and potential "grapple". Bumps are part of flying unfortunately.

I had a bumpy ride yesterday, still don't like it, but the alternative was an hour in ice and potential "grapple". Bumps are part of flying unfortunately.

Graupel.

upload_2023-4-26_11-24-8.jpeg

It has to be right, it is from Google!

-Skip

Back