Definition sought

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
MRS Minimum Radar Separation;
is that a specific amount of time or distance?
And, I presume the figures elsewhere on the chart are nm.
Thanks

upload_2019-8-29_2-2-10.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-29_2-1-48.png
    upload_2019-8-29_2-1-48.png
    353.7 KB · Views: 8
Distance. It’s 3 miles or 5 miles depending on type of Radar and distance from the Radar antenna.

Thanks
So is this right?
We could be given less than 2 minutes separation between some landing aircraft ahead of us (if we have a higher approach speed)?
(AC90-23G has to do with wake turbulence)

Thanks
So is this right?
We could be given less than 2 minutes separation between some landing aircraft ahead of us (if we have a higher approach speed)?

Maybe. I missed the ‘at the threshold’ when I first answered and gave a quickie answer. Time can be a factor. There are a lot of ‘rules’ and they are spread out in the Controllers handbook. I’ll look at it in more detail and get back.

Thanks
So is this right?

I can't find anything that would prevent that from happening based solely on the rules. The distances are based on when the preceding aircraft crosses the threshold. I've found nothing that says anything about miles and/or minutes. You know what these types of planes are capable of. Could they fly fast enough on final so that #2 could make the threshold in less than 2 minutes? I dunno. I'm guessing no and that's why the 'rules' are based just on distance.

Back