Deferred medical - HIMS

HIMSpilot

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
HIMSpilot
Hello again .... Is there any significance to my application status moving to "in review"? This happened shortly after submission (about two weeks). It's a HIMS deferral. Thank you!

you should be getting a decision soon... FAS in DC told me the in review actually does not take very long. I actually didn't see a "in review" phase. On a Friday I saw mine was transmitted and the coming Monday morning it was approved.

Contrary to what @Cxt1067 posted, my medxpress went to "in review" after the AME finished submitting documents last year and has been "in review" since June of 2022. Supposedly OKC has it back from DC, but it still say "in review" pending the issuance of a letter from OKC.

Contrary to what @Cxt1067 posted, my medxpress went to "in review" after the AME finished submitting documents last year and has been "in review" since June of 2022. Supposedly OKC has it back from DC, but it still say "in review" pending the issuance of a letter from OKC.
I guess we never know.... One gets it when one gets it... lol

After initial HIMS AME visit and his initial report submitted late March, 2023 status changed to 'under review' late April. No status change after approximately 100 days. The first review prior to the denial/HIMS option letter took about 120 days. I was told by my HIMS AME that 120+ days is the current norm without any extenuating circumstances. I am seeking 3rd class.

you should be getting a decision soon... FAS in DC told me the in review actually does not take very long. I actually didn't see a "in review" phase. On a Friday I saw mine was transmitted and the coming Monday morning it was approved.
Thank you. So, does in review mean that it’s in DC?

Also, what was your wait time from submission? Is it an alcohol HIMS thing?

After initial HIMS AME visit and his initial report submitted late March, 2023 status changed to 'under review' late April. No status change after approximately 100 days. The first review prior to the denial/HIMS option letter took about 120 days. I was told by my HIMS AME that 120+ days is the current norm without any extenuating circumstances. I am seeking 3rd class.
Great info, thank you!

Thanks… and I’m bad at following threads. Remind me please, how long you’ve waited between submission and now, what class of medical, are you with an airline, and is it a HIMS alcohol situation?

Thanks… and I’m bad at following threads. Remind me please, how long you’ve waited between submission and now, what class of medical, are you with an airline, and is it a HIMS alcohol situation?

You can click on someone's username to see their post history.

Like @Cxt1067, I got a letter from DC approximately 3 months after my AME visit and submission that the application had moved to the federal air surgeon's office. The entire 14 months of AME - >OKC -> DC -> OKC medxpress just said "in review" with absolutely 0 movement until two weeks ago when the phone line in DC was able to tell me that the FAS was done with their review. At that point my AME got a notification that he could issue me an unrestricted class 1 medical.

You can click on someone's username to see their post history.

Like @Cxt1067, I got a letter from DC approximately 3 months after my AME visit and submission that the application had moved to the federal air surgeon's office. The entire 14 months of AME - >OKC -> DC -> OKC medxpress just said "in review" with absolutely 0 movement until two weeks ago when the phone line in DC was able to tell me that the FAS was done with their review. At that point my AME got a notification that he could issue me an unrestricted class 1 medical.
Thank you again! .. I’m hoping mine will be a shorter wait. Class 1, but no airline “sponsorship”. Fingers crossed! ..(I need a job)

Back