Deferral Time

jps6882

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
jps6882
I just applied for my 3rd class on the 20th, first time. It was deferred due to CPAP use and a self referral to alcohol treatment in 2003. I didn't have and DUI, just had a problem. No alc use since 12/5/03. I know I should have found this and Bruce before I filed (especially since he is under an hour away), but hindsight's 20/20. So with the majority of the FAA in shutdown, does anyone have any idea how long before I get resolution, and what they may require? I no longer have that portion of my military medical record, since it was a tertiary record, and sealed from me and my command. I've put in a request with VETRECS to try to dig it up, but they are also furloughed. I start lessons next week, and flying a couple times a week, doesn't leave much time until solo (in the government response timeframe).

Last edited:
Apparently the reviewers are all furloughed so the clock isn't even running until the government gets back to work. The sad truth is that the inbox (even without the shutdown) is now up to something like FIVE MONTHS (it's historically been between 8-12 weeks which still is egregiously behind CAMI's own standard). Once you reach the reviewer you probably didn't submit all he needs so a snail mail letter will come back to you asking for more. Fortunately you don't go to the back of the line again, it typically takes only a couple of weeks from when the paperwork gets back out there.

I wish I had better news for you and Bruce can answer if there's something else that can be done to expedite it. I'm sorry but you are not going to be soloing any time soon.

Thanks. On the bright side, maybe my headset will be paid off by then.

Thanks. I've started getting the letters from work tonight that you emailed me about earlier.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back