Default Printer

HPNPilot1200

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
Hi,

For the past few days, I've noticed whenever I reboot, my default printer changes to my sister's printer which is hooked up to the network. Any ideas why it switches automatically?

It's very frustrating.

Any help is appreciated,
Jason

HPNPilot1200 said:
Hi,

For the past few days, I've noticed whenever I reboot, my default printer changes to my sister's printer which is hooked up to the network. Any ideas why it switches automatically?

It's very frustrating.

Any help is appreciated,
Jason

Go to printers on the control panel, while you're on the network, see that printer, highlight it, properties, toggle OFF default printer. Reboot. Face Redmond. Sacrifice a chicken.

mikea said:
Go to printers on the control panel, while you're on the network, see that printer, highlight it, properties, toggle OFF default printer. Reboot. Face Redmond. Sacrifice a chicken.

Hi Mike,

I follow you up to "Toggle OFF default printer." Where is that option?

Thanks,
Jason

HPNPilot1200 said:
Hi Mike,

I follow you up to "Toggle OFF default printer." Where is that option?

Thanks,
Jason

Ugh. You made me ruin my Windows install....

You have to have more than one printer installed. When you high highlight the printer and right drag, you'll see "Set as Default Printer"

Do like I just did and add a harmless printer like an HP LaserJet 4L and select that to be the default. To do that Add Printer, deselect "Automatically detect an install my Plug and play printer" Make THAT the default printer it won't go looking for the other one.

Or you could just delete the printer that is causing the problems.

JRitt said:
Because her printer and your computer have an intimate relationship.

Thread hijack; employement interview humor.

While interviewing folks for technical jobs over the years I noticed three phrases that would commonly appear on resumes:

1. ...experience...
2. ...hands-on experience...
3. ...intimate experience...

All would relate to a particular piece of equipment or instrument, in our case GC. After noticing the three, I started speculating as to the differences between them. A co-worker offered the following explanation:

1. "GC experience" -- I often eat lunch in the GC lab with a co-worker who operates the GCs.
2. "Hands-on GC experience" -- once, while eating lunch in the GC lab with the co-worker, I placed a memo I was reading on the counter top and it slid under the GC. I had to lift a corner of the GC in order to retrieve the memo.
3. "Intimate GC experience" -- I slept with the co-worker who works in the GC lab.

Back