Deer - Deer > Damn! Damn! N/A

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
I just missed the photo of rarity! I drove the Buick into my driveway and parked in front of the garage; a frequent occasion. Twenty feet forward, at the end of the drive, is a stone wall which fronts a 15' wide planting of perennials. And directly to the right are about 30' of railroad ties, below which is a several foot slope down to a sensibly-sized(small) lawn.

As I looked slightly to the right what should I see but a gorgeous white-tail deer on the lower area. He was munching on ???????(I don't think it was the ajukas[sp]). He looked at me and just stood there. "Now, this calls for a picture!"

I very carefully got out of the Buick to go into the house to get my camera.
He(she??) continued to watch my slow movements. Once into the house I got the camera, set the ISO for the overcast/light rain, and went out and around my truck which was parked in front of the door. Damn! Before I could get set to shoot, the beauty casually turned and walked down the sloping lawn and into the tree line. I'm so disappointed I didn't get the photo.
(It's probably the same one that's been eating my hostas, columbine, and phlox.)

HR

Get your photo, them put Irsih Spring in old stockings to keep them away from the stuff you want to keep (all the books say they don't like tomato vines: don't believe it for a second after last year's tomato holocaust! The horror . . . . the horror . . . . :yikes:)

Oh sheesh. Don't do that to me.
You ride and you put double deer and double damn in the same subject line.

Be careful of the giant forest rats if you ride...or drive or takeoff/land anywhere near their turf.

If it hadn't rained -- AGAIN-- today the dried blood would have been already in place. That'll keep the deer at a distance; but I think we're trying to compete with Washington State re days of rain. One day, recently, my "former" spotted 4 deer and 7 turkeys in the early morning.

HR

This little guy was in our back yard last week.
Ron

Attachments

• 100_1761.JPG
    100_1761.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 38
This thread, the pictures and the comments reminds me of one of the funniest dialogues in My Cousin Vinny, as wonderfully delivered by Marisa Tomei (playing Mona Lisa Vito), who won the Oscar for Best Actress in a Supporting Role for her performance in the film:

Vinny Gambini (getting dressed to go hunting with the prosecuting attorney):

What about these pants I got on? You think they're okay?

Mona Lisa Vito:

Imagine you're a deer. You're prancing along. You get thirsty. You spot a little brook. You put your little deer lips down to the cool, clear water - BAM!!!! A f**kin' bullet rips off part of your head. Your brains are lying on the ground in little bloody pieces. Now I ask ya, would you give a f**k what kind of pants the son-of-a-***** who shot you was wearing?

Awe -- I'm from the Northeast. What breed is that little beauty? It has a great coat.

HR

LOL; it was such a great movie. I was once "to be" an extra in a Marisa Tomei movie for which she was again nominated for the Academy Award("In the Bedroom"). The scene was in a bar locale(Camden, Maine). The director kept doing "takes" but in the end my scene was cut by the editor(s). One of my legal friends, District Court Judge Joe Field was the judge in the movie. Joe told me it took three long days to film the scenes he was in; and the total screen time was about 20 minutes. Fame is so fleeting.

HR

Back