Deciding between QT Halo and Clarity Aloft Link

Price is the only major factor IMO. They both do what they are supposed to do.

Some say the CA are built better. I don't buy it. I've never seen anyone say their Halo wires broke. I've gotten out of the plane with my Halos on and jerked them. No damage. So at worst, they are comparable in build quality.

Want to save money and wait a few weeks? Go Halo. Want to spend twice as much and get it now? Buy the CA. I don't think there's gonna be some game-changing revelation about either headset that will make your decision for you outside of money.

Price is the only major factor IMO. They both do what they are supposed to do.

Some say the CA are built better. I don't buy it. I've never seen anyone say their Halo wires broke. I've gotten out of the plane with my Halos on and jerked them. No damage. So at worst, they are comparable in build quality.

Want to save money and wait a few weeks? Go Halo. Want to spend twice as much and get it now? Buy the CA. I don't think there's gonna be some game-changing revelation about either headset that will make your decision for you outside of money.

No fault on QT's part, but I did manage to break the wires on my Halos... twice now. Because I forget I'm wearing them (that's a positive) I'll occasionally try to get out with them on, realize my mistake and then take them off before completely exiting. But, the wire is long enough that it's fallen outside of the plane. So when I slam the door shut...

I know, I'm an idiot. Doing it once made me feel stupid. The second time I almost quit flying altogether (who can do something that stupid TWICE?!). Both times Phil happily repaired them for me (first time was free, second time cost me $50).

I like my Halos. They aren't as quite as my Zulu 2, but they are light and comfortable. I've been flying with them most the summer now. I have a Blu-Link to pop inline on the Halos (from an older non Bluetooth ANR headset) but just haven't bother to do it yet. I typically only use it for listening to music on iPhone. I have a built in stereo though in my RV. . I'll likely go back to Zulus for colder weather.

So I tried my CA Links today and loved them. I was amazed at how quiet they were. Just as good as my Bose A20s...my only complaint is I didn't "bend" the band outward a little bit before the flight so they started to really hurt behind my ears. At the end of the flight I bent them outward just a tad (I didn't really bend them just applied some pressure) and that helped tremendously. I will see how it goes next flight with them adjusted.

Another happy halo user. Works great in slow and fast movers. BT receiver plugged in to aux port for $20. Only negative I see is a poorly-matched case that Phil includes. But a case replacement is easy and not even necessary.

I forgot they were on once and accidentally tried to climb out of the plane. The results were not pretty, but CA fixed them (for a fee). They also sent me a nice case for free, which I was appreciative of. Didn't have any problems with their support.

I've done that with my Halos, several times, without harm. Also wore them while riding a bush hog around the airport several times, plugged into my handheld, without ill effect. Don't like the foam tips, gave them away, but the included silicone tips work great. Ear buds hurt my ears, so CA wasn't an option; my plane has a separate music I out, so don't need the Bluetooth, but I rarely use it anyway.

Flew over 7 hours this weekend in comfort, with great sound and little noise.

Wife and I both use CA for a few years now and love them. I had mine first and the mic boom would droop. I sent them in and they fixed them for free. I've just started using a different ear device than the foam tips and like them better.

Care to elaborate on that? I have a molded earpiece I use for my work headset and love it. I'd like to have molded earpieces for my CA headset as well. It shouldn't be all that hard to figure out. The foam pieces screw on, why couldn't they (meaning, somebody smart with molding know-how) make a molded earpiece with threads in it?

I have both, love both, use both. However I do have a problem with the Halo in my Cherokee, my intercom and the Halos don't get along where as the CA's work great. I love them for long distance but kind of a hassle for flight around the patch or a 20 min. flight for the $100 eggs and bacon. I use the Halos in my biplane as there is no room for the head band between my head and the canopy. I plan on exploring the custom made option as I have read good things about them.

I have both and am going to sell the Halos. Love the CAs. The Halos cut into my ear. There is another brand out there that's like Clarity Aloft I forget the name but am interested to try them.

How do you attach them to the speaker, do they have threads? I saw them on Amazon in the "people who bought Clarity Aloft headsets bought these too" section. I figured they wouldn't work and it was just an Amazon buy some more crap ploy.

Don't buy the Link version.
You can buy the Link separately from the CA for ZERO extra dollars. There's extra length of cord involved, BUT one item doesn't render the other useless if you buy separate.

Could you explain this a bit, particularly the "ZERO" part?

Could you explain this a bit, particularly the "ZERO" part?
He means instead of paying for the luxury of having them bundled at cost+, you can buy the CA and buy the blulink separately and save yourself the mark-up.

No. I'm saying the price difference between the CA Classic and the CA Link is exactly the same money as buying the BlueLink seperately. (at least that was the case when I looked at them both at Oshkosh.

No. I'm saying the price difference between the CA Classic and the CA Link is exactly the same money as buying the BlueLink seperately. (at least that was the case when I looked at them both at Oshkosh.
Ahhh, of course, thanks ...

This is what he's saying.

@ircphoenix CA doesn't upcharge for wiring in the BlueLink. At least they didn't use to.
I guess you weigh convenience of having hard wired solution with the risk of having one or the other break and take out the whole system. And you don't have the option of using the link interface with other headsets.

How do you attach them to the speaker, do they have threads? I saw them on Amazon in the "people who bought Clarity Aloft headsets bought these too" section. I figured they wouldn't work and it was just an Amazon buy some more crap ploy.

They don't need threads. The CA earpiece has the threads and they just mold to those threads just like the foam inserts.

Back