Decent looking Cherokee 140

poadeleted3

Pattern Altitude
Window shopping again, of course. Nice relaxing lunchtime hobby. Though I very much hope I can find a plane like this at a price like this in a couple years.... it's very much the kind of thing I'll be looking for for real finally.

Not sure if I'm in love with the paint job or not, but I could live with it. My kid would like it, I figure.

http://tappix.com/750596

Joe, you know what I'm going to say, so why bother typing it. :)

Anthony said:
Joe, you know what I'm going to say, so why bother typing it. :)

LOL Yeah, yeah, but a Cherokee 140 meets my needs about as well as a Traveller/Cheetah does, and when the time does come I'll be looking at getting the best plane in the price range as I can, not so much the kind of plane. Though, there is a Cheetah for $44K right here in PA that I've posted before that I'd be taking a real hard look at if I were in the market right now.

According to the NTSB database, in 1979 N15517 was "ground looped/swerved" into a snow bank, suffering substantial damage.

Now, maybe I'm a little to optimistic, but I wouldn't necessarily let that deter me from purchasing an airplane like this, assuming a pre-buy annual, a good review of the logs, and a test flight didn't show up any problems. 27 years is an awfully long time ago.

What say ya'll?

Joe Williams said:
According to the NTSB database, in 1979 N15517 was "ground looped/swerved" into a snow bank, suffering substantial damage.

Now, maybe I'm a little to optimistic, but I wouldn't necessarily let that deter me from purchasing an airplane like this, assuming a pre-buy annual, a good review of the logs, and a test flight didn't show up any problems. 27 years is an awfully long time ago.

What say ya'll?

If a prebuy inspection showed all clear, and the logs show the repairs, I wouldn't see why not.

And it'd be an honor to welcome you to the Cherokee club too, Joe :D

Joe Williams said:

What say ya'll?

27 years and no problems, plus good annual inspection and maybe an extra close inspection of the repair. No problem. This just happend a few months ago take a pass. Let someone else be the test pilot for a while.

Back