debug dump files??

etsisk

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
iYiYi
and "office set-up files"...

I'm trying to clean up my C drive and open up a bit o' space - the above two groups of files could open up a lot of space, but I don't know what they are or if I can safely get rid of 'em using the disk cleanup app.

Any input for me?

Thanks!

NO-BODY can tell me if I can delete my "debug dump files" and "office set-up files"?? :(

Unless you're going to try to go back and do causal analysis on a program crash, the debug files are pretty useless to you. And if you need to ask the question, they're pretty useless to you even if you are going to try to go back and do causal analysis on a program crash! :)

As for the office set-up files, according to
http://www.andybrain.com/archive/mb/office_setup_files.htm said:
1) What are the Office Setup Files, and why do they take up so much space?
The Office Setup Files are used by Microsoft Office during program updates. If you visit http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/officeupdate you can check for these free program updates to Microsoft Office by clicking the "Check for Updates" link.
Your computer may need the Office Setup Files to help apply those updates. If you don't have the Office Setup Files on your PC, the update process will ask you for your Microsoft Office install disks. The Office Setup Files are used to make updates easier. Without them you often have to dig up the install CDs when updating.
Unless you’re unusually low on disk space, I always recommend you leave the Office Setup Files on your computer. The increased convenience is worth it.

(Note that this is just the first thing that came back from Google, and I make no claims about its veracity.)

I will take any info I can get!

Ok - kill the debug files and keep the setup files!

Thanks!

And Skip, :rolleyes: I reckon it IS ok from THIS end... my concern was with the repercussions on MY end of the line! :)

Back