Dean, this is the one I was telling you about

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Dean, here are a few pictures of the airfield you were asking me about. One of them shows where you taxi to go to the mechanic’s shop and house. The other two are from the bottom of the ditch in the middle of one of the runways. I don’t know if you can tell how deep the ditch is, some say 20 feet, some say more. :dunno: The ditch is at least a few hundred feet long. I took some shots from the air, but can’t find them now.

Last I heard, they were still selling lots for houses and hangars.

Next time you’re back this way, I’ll fly you in there.

I’m looking forward to lunch with you tomorrow. :)

Attachments

• Ditch looking east.JPG
    Ditch looking east.JPG
    295.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Ditch looking west.JPG
    Ditch looking west.JPG
    320.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Taxiway to mechanic's.JPG
    Taxiway to mechanic's.JPG
    320.3 KB · Views: 39
Di,
Thanks for the pix and having lunch with me on Tuesday. From the photos I would think the trees would be more of a problem than the 100' long dip.:dunno: When(if) I get transferred will go take a look. As for my other class, it is March 6/7 in Lamar hope to see you and Tom then.

Di,
Thanks for the pix and having lunch with me on Tuesday. From the photos I would think the trees would be more of a problem than the 100' long dip.:dunno: When(if) I get transferred will go take a look. As for my other class, it is March 6/7 in Lamar hope to see you and Tom then.
Thanks for lunch. I enjoyed visiting with you. :)

I got you down on my calender for March. If you get off in time, let's go flying, and then I'll fix you dinner.

Back