Deals on Zulu.2 headset ???

jmn444

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Jason
Any leads on some holiday sales / discounts on the zulu.2?

Kicking myself for not buying back when they were $800, but wanted to wait for the now delayed PFX...

Thanks!

Love my Zulu.2 and was disappointed to see they had issues with PFX launch. They're a good company with great support for excellent products.

Yeah, I'm hoping for a sale of some kind!

I'm a bean counter too btw... Assuming your screen name is your profession!

Great company.

Being on a budget, settled on a pair of Sierra's for my Sky Arrow, to replace some really ragged 15XL's, themselves bought on clearance back in 2003.

Took advantage of the $250 trade-in allowance on my old headsets, bringing the price down to $350 each, plus shipping.

Consider taking advantage of the trade-in deals. Even if you didn't have a set to trade in, it might be worth scrounging for a cheap set on eBay to send in.

I'm a bean counter too btw... Assuming your screen name is your profession!

It is.....

My fiancée and others contributed to mine for my birthday last year. A communal gift is great.

Jason, I have a non working 20XL headset that I was going to trade in for the $250 credit. I bought DC Pro X instead. The 20XL is a reconditioned headset but Lightspeed said they were OK for the trade in program. Make me an offer if you're interested.

The site specifically says it must be in working condition, so I don't think that would help me. Thanks though!

When I spoke to Lightspeed I told them the 20XL didn't work and she said no problem. I also told them they were reconditioned and that the serial number inside the battery case had an R as a suffix. They said as long as there is no R stamped on the plastic ear cups they were acceptable as a trade in. There is no R stamped on mine.
If you have any interest, give them a call and tell them what I wrote above.
Maybe I mis heard them but I don't think so.

I had the post office deliver my trade-ins to the wrong address where they were lost.

I called Lightspeed with credit card in hand, ready to pay the extra $250 and fight it out with the post office. The lady there said to just email the receipt that showed it shipped and they would consider it delivered. Above and beyond anything I expected.

As an aside, I had the headsets insured for $250. Made a claim with the post office, and they sent me a check for about $36. Barely more than my postage and insurance. I appealed and was turned down. I could appeal one final time within 30 days, but I was so disgusted I let the 30 days run out, which is probably the results that the system is set up produce.

I simply no longer use the post office for anything worth more than about $30.

I had the post office deliver my trade-ins to the wrong address where they were lost.

I called Lightspeed with credit card in hand, ready to pay the extra $250 and fight it out with the post office. The lady there said to just email the receipt that showed it shipped and they would consider it delivered. Above and beyond anything I expected.

As an aside, I had the headsets insured for $250. Made a claim with the post office, and they sent me a check for about $36. Barely more than my postage and insurance. I appealed and was turned down. I could appeal one final time within 30 days, but I was so disgusted I let the 30 days run out, which is probably the results that the system is set up produce.

I simply no longer use the post office for anything worth more than about $30.

How could the PO deny the insurance claim??

Typical government BS. Deny deny deny and they figure you will just go away. Same crap through the Social Security. It really is not worth using insurace via the post office unless you want to make collecting a career.

Wait until you file a damage claim with UPS. Same hassle.

I got a pretty healthy trade in credit on my 30-3G when I bought the ZULU2. I'd dig around and see if you could get a used 30-3G (doesn't even need to work) if Lightspeed is still offering that promotion.

I was going to trade my DC for the Zulu 2 but figured its better to keep it for passengers. If we can get 3 buyers together we can get a discount under $800

Hey fast Eddie I was reading your push rod tube problem and diversion to gabreski the other day , just after my x country to gabreski. That had to be a scary one. I was at 3000 due to clouds at 4000, thinking if this thing quits now Im never making gabreski and that water is 40 degrees or less.

J just call them up, and offer than $800 for the headset. There's no reason to kick yourself.

I did, they wouldn't do it.

Just find a headset for the trade-in program, and accept that your timing wasn't very good.

Already working on that. It's only frustrating because it was their product delay that caused the timing problem. It'll be better with the trade though.

Sorry for the delay.

Here's how:

11175579736_2e96949e5a_o.jpg

I did appeal once, and was denied.

Very frustrating, but in fact due to Lightspeed's great customer service I was not in fact out of pocket for anything.

Still, you wonder why you even specify an amount to insure for if they're just going to weasel out of it anyway! :mad2:

DC headset is en route, order for the zulu.2 about to be placed... can't wait!

Got it :)

Now just need some cooperation from the weather to try it out!

Back