Deal or No Deal

brien23

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Brien
The Airports around here have more for sale signs on planes than a used car lot. Trade-A-Plane has more listings than I have seen in years and e-bay lists over 200 planes with very few ever meeting the reserve price. If it is a fixer upper, runout, large engine,old radio, dammage history, missing logbooks, bad paint or someone just trying to get a fair price it is not selling. Their are some realy good deals out their if you have the cash. If you are one of those trying to sell best you can hope for is the return of $3.00 a gallon gas or take the beating on the price you will get.:cheerswine:

someone just trying to get a fair price
Well, a "fair price" is the price at which it will sell. I think what you probably mean is a price that a seller may have been able to sell it at a few months or a year ago. Unfortunately (for sellers), the "fair price" has really gone down lately. As you say, though, you're not going to pay as much for a plane now as you would have then, unless you're trying to buy new. I haven't seen the prices of those go down, though it'll be intresting to see whether the manufacturers start dropping the prices to keep the "volume" up. I doubt it, though.

But there are a few sellers out there trying to get last years or the year before price for their plane. I have noticed that if the plane is priced at today's market they are selling. The ones that are getting stuck are the ones that bought within the last two years and were counting on the market continuing on its upward climb, kind of like the housing market.

If you are one of those trying to sell best you can hope for is the return of $3.00 a gallon gas or take the beating on the price you will get.:cheerswine:[/quote]
Gas is down and so are the prices on planes. If you still think you can just let planes sit it out and wait for better times you might end up with with evean less than you have now. Aircraft do not store well and the preservation of engines is more than just starting it up every few weeks, that will probably do more harm than good.

Back