Deadpool

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Finally a movie I'm willing to go see when it is released.

One of my favorite characters

Did you catch the deadpool reference in wolverine?

Last edited:
Yes. Did you catch the Green Lantern movie reference?

One of my favorite characters

Did you catch the deadpool reference in wolverine?
More than just a reference, he was in the movie.

This one does look good, but I'm not hard to please ;)

Nauga,
easily amused

This is what I thought you were talking about:

416E4KFJXEL.jpg

Wow, it is a real movie? It looked like a joke trailer at first but I am getting the impression that it will be an actual movie. Looks like a lot of fun. :)

I think Marvel/DC movies have ran their course....

Time for something fresh !!!!

Wow, it is a real movie? It looked like a joke trailer at first but I am getting the impression that it will be an actual movie. Looks like a lot of fun. :)

Should be in theaters in February.

You should see the "red band" trailer with the nsfw language, it's even funnier.

favorite line of the trailer: "You look like Freddy Krueger face f****d a topographical map of Utah"

I think it's going to be better than the first one. The Green Lantern

I think Marvel/DC movies have ran their course....

Time for something fresh !!!!

I'm not exactly a hip dude to began with but I'm really liking the way they are linking everything. Besides I can only watch so many romantic comedies with the wife, it's refreshing to see hulk smash a city every now and than hahaha.

I'm not exactly a hip dude to began with but I'm really liking the way they are linking everything. Besides I can only watch so many romantic comedies with the wife, it's refreshing to see hulk smash a city every now and than hahaha.

The only plus in these movies is seeing SJ in catsuit type clothing :wink2::yes:

More than just a reference, he was in the movie.

This one does look good, but I'm not hard to please ;)

Nauga,
easily amused

There were some major differences, I know he was red and they called him deadpool. We will see though the original deadpool was able to heal better than wolverine so the beheading may not have destroyed him as he can regrow limbs. He could also project a hologram of himself sooo??...!!!!!

Actually what's funny is that it did start out as a joke trailer. It was uploaded to Youtube a year or two ago and went viral. Which lead to it being picked up by a studio.

Unfortunately it's hard to find the original test trailer as it was a leak from some production company. There are bits and pieces of the test trailer inside the actual released movie trailer.

Just returned from seeing the movie. It's one of the few sub 2-hour movies that is worth the $14.00 for seeing it on an XD screen (and the very, very comfy powered lounge chairs Cinemark has installed in that theater).

If you're a fan of the Marvel Comics universe, or just want to see how good a movie can be when they mash up a superhero action flick with a comedy, you must go see it.

Ryan Reynolds played the character perfectly. All the right amounts of smartarse in all the right places.

And keep your eyes open during the entire movie, there are many inside visual jokes that are funny as ever if you spot them. A few don't make sense at the time, but they play out later. Such as the unicorn.

Pay attention to the opening credits. Loads of funny stuff there

Pay attention to the ending credits. Almost as much funny stuff as the opening ones. And don't leave until the very, very end after the entire crawl is done.

Two words: Baby hand

About my only complaint is that the movie is a bit too short, and the trailers/teasers gave away a bit too much of the better scenes. Still plenty of new stuff, though. And I hope this is just a taste of more Deadpool moves to come.

I haven't been a fan of all the marvel movies, but I'll check that one out.

Actually what's funny is that it did start out as a joke trailer. It was uploaded to Youtube a year or two ago and went viral. Which lead to it being picked up by a studio.

I recall that there were other movies born out of a joke trailer as well. Machete, anyone? :D

We are going to the movies with co-workers next Friday to watch it all together (at an Alamo Drafthouse so no little kids running around or babies screaming throughout the movie).

If it is half as good as everybody says, it should be a hoot ... (and half). :)

I just watched the extended 13+ minute trailer which went through all the trailers for the movie. It should be a blast in 3D. This is defiantly NSFW and probably little ones either.

Things I noticed during the titles & credits and the film...

Digital Domain was the first listed CGI house, still in business even after filing for bankruptcy and incredible financial hassles. Now owned by a Chinese company. WETA even got into CGI act.

Wonder why is this a Fox show/distribution when it's a Marvel production? Where's Disney in all this? Or does it not want R-rated films?

I would have sworn Ahr-nold did the voice of Colossus', but no...

After 2 kids, Baccarin looks amazing.

I missed almost all of Leslie Uggams scenes - I fell asleep for about 20 minutes. Seats were far too comfortable.

The review in today's paper said:

“Deadpool” does to the superhero movie what “Cabin in the Woods” did to the horror film. What a fresh, engaging approach to a seen-it-all-before genre.

The wife and I are skipping it because I saw a review that says Deadpool makes 50 Shades of Grey look like Titanic, and even 50 Shades of Grey was over our collective raunchiness threshold.

For those that have seen it, is that review accurate? It looks funny, but I'm not sure it's worth the trade off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My daughter saw it last night. Her review:

>>
Saw Deadpool. Absolutely worth it. And the little old lady in the row in front of me dancing and singing along to "Shoop" made the movie that much more awesome.
<<

My wife and I might see it tomorrow.

The wife and I are skipping it because I saw a review that says Deadpool makes 50 Shades of Grey look like Titanic, and even 50 Shades of Grey was over our collective raunchiness threshold.

For those that have seen it, is that review accurate? It looks funny, but I'm not sure it's worth the trade off.

Raunchy, yup. But not having seen 50, can't compare. It definitely deserves the R rating. But remember, this is movie fantasy - it's all fake and in your imagination, anyway. Both Ryan Reynolds and Morena Baccarin have cute butts.

My eyes don't tolerate 3d, so can't discuss that, either. But it's obvious which scenes are designed for 3d, and they work fine in 2d.

Spoiler follows. Leave now if you so choose.

My only complaint is the mediocre, luke-warm, easy to ignore villain. Writing 101 demands a Villain on par with the Hero. I didn't even realize who the villain was until the final fight scene, and then, still didn't consider him a worthy opponent.

My daughter saw it last night. Her review:

>>
Saw Deadpool. Absolutely worth it. And the little old lady in the row in front of me dancing and singing along to "Shoop" made the movie that much more awesome.
<<

My wife and I might see it tomorrow.
I saw it yesterday afternoon....huge line of retired ladies, all to see Concussion. I'm in the middle of the line and the 20something cashier is running nothing but Senior Concussion tickets and I ask for Deadpool. Got a big grin from him.

Just got back from the theater.

Wow.

"That's what, 16 walls?"

4 thumbs up from us. And stick around for the end of the credits.

--

Warning: It's way NSFW.

Finally figured out where I've seen Morena Baccarin before, Firefly/Serenity.

Dayum!

.My only complaint is the mediocre, luke-warm, easy to ignore villain. Writing 101 demands a Villain on par with the Hero. I didn't even realize who the villain was until the final fight scene, and then, still didn't consider him a worthy opponent.
I totally agree with this assessment. I get that this movie is a bit of backstory to set up for future movies, but choice of villain should have been way better.

It definitely earns its R.

A whole lot of 4-letter words, maybe every other line?

Some nudity, mostly language and extreme violence.

It's onr of those kind of movies you can call a "guilty pleasure".

the wife and I saw it today. We both loved it! She was pleasantly surprised that there was more of a love story than she expected.

I loved it also, perfect adult humor. Best comic movie ever for adults.

Saw it this afternoon. Hilarious. NOT for kids. F bombs everywhere.

Wanted to slap the parents who had kids in there that were clearly single digit age.

Back