Dead rising from their graves

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 34
It's also possible that the alert was real, but that the government immediately covered up the zombie attack. :eek:

-Rich

While details of the hack are being uncovered, it's believed a station may have left an EAS unit's factory default password in place, simplifying the effort of the hacker.
Discussion on the Society of Broadcast Engineers EAS email list says a similar hack was attempted in Salt Lake City, UT, where the message was relayed via several stations.

Other reports reveal the bogus test was also issued in Michigan via WNMU-TV and WBUP-TV.
Richard Rudman posted to the SBE list that he was contacted by the FCC, which is now actively investigating the matter.
And that, boys and girls, is why you *always* change the default password on everything.

We used to have hardware in the radio room that sent out the EAS messages every month. Only one password for everyone in the office. Now we've gone to MyState USA. I could go to work tomorrow, log in with someone else's user/password and send out an alert. Tsunami on the Columbia River!! ICBM's incoming from North Korea! Free beer at Applebees!

Hmmm....I guess I could do something like that on my last day...... hahahaha

My college roommate had figured out how to hack his high school computer network and put a display message on every computer in the building. Not certain what to do with this power, he contemplated what message could he send that would be harmless (ie not get him expelled were he caught) and yet also provided the greatesr level of confusion amongst the populus. He chose:

Lobster.

It worked. Think about how confused you would be if that popped up on your screen, your neighbor's screen, etc.

My college roommate had figured out how to hack his high school computer network and put a display message on every computer in the building. Not certain what to do with this power, he contemplated what message could he send that would be harmless (ie not get him expelled were he caught) and yet also provided the greatesr level of confusion amongst the populus. He chose:

Lobster.

It worked. Think about how confused you would be if that popped up on your screen, your neighbor's screen, etc.

We used to do it to the CS teachers while they were lecturing with their laptops plugged in to the projector, best time to do it is when they have it behind them and aren't paying attention. CS Profs had a sense of humor about it, Anthropology ones didn't. Security was SO bad back then. I remember I had an executable file I carried around on a floppy (yes) insert it, copy, paste, execute ..... wait for it...... admin!! on any PC I wanted. The perms on the unix servers were so bad, you could be root in about 9 seconds. We also figured out how to hack the vending machines... I'm not sure the statute of limitations is up on that one yet :mad2:

Back